Sweet Times

It had been two months since they first ventured their way to this city. And everyday for that entire time they had gone to Pigsy's Noodles for lunch. A new and sort of dangerous habit to have- that Wukong gladly has.

Wukong constantly debated on how selfish it was of him to step into his old companions' lives, but at some point, it just felt so natural to see them. Even if they didn't know him when they first met, he felt there was a new connection forming.

They liked him. Wukong, the human man.

He spoke about stories with Tang, and about food with Pigsy. Eventually talking about other mundane things like cleaning and grocery shopping- even boxing at one point. Turned out Pigsy and Tang were rather big fans of this sport. Wukong hardly understood a thing about it honestly. Champion names and rules were things he didn't care for. But a fight- a good fight- he knew those well.

Seated at Pigsy's counter table, Wukong was laughing up a storm, slapping the counter. He was covering his mouth, trying his best to be quiet and stifle his voice, "There ain't no way...!"

"I swear!" Pigsy insisted, his voice a loud whisper as well. "I got photographic proof of it." he smirked, shaking his ladle to Wukong. "Tang was a goth when we were teens. He had the black nails, the eyeliner, the death look, the monotone voice, the fishnet shirts-"

Wukong was keeling over, his forehead hitting the counter. He just couldn't see it, but the more he did the more it made his chest explode with a funny feeling. "You better have proof!' he cackled.

"You show up tomorrow and I'll get you that proof...!"

The two shared a hearty laugh, trying their best to silence themselves considering the sleeping child that was strapped to Wukong's chest. Xiaotian was knocked out within the shawl Wukong had slung over himself.

As their laughter died down, leaving musing smiles, Pigsy casually leaned closer, "What about you, Wu?" he asked, an affectionate nickname that Tang had given him that just seemed to stick. "What were you like when you were younger?"

The simian brushed a little tear from his eye, shaking his head. "Oh man- I was a mess." he waves it off.

"Delinquent then?" Pigsy sneered, "You got the look for it."

Wukong gave an indignant huff, coyly brushing a hand through his hair, "I was actually pretty popular." he corrected. "I just broke a lot of stuff.... And stole some stuff... got into one too many fights-" he drawled out, awkwardly glancing away. He covered Xiaotian's ears, even if the baby was asleep, "Did some time." it was technically true, considering he had been imprisoned by the celestial realm and made to follow around a human Monk for years... though that was a more willing thing on his part.

Pigsy's eyes widened, shocked. "No way." he got a little closer. "And here I just thought you were annoyingly cheeky."

"I'm that too." Wukong grinned. Patting MK's head when his son snores, his eyes soften. "Made a lot of mistakes though...."

Pigsy snorted, "Who hasn't? Listen, I assure you I wasn't the most-" he pursed his lips to find the right words, "Approachable guy."

"You mean to say you are approachable now?" Wukong asked seriously. It got him a whack on the head from Pigsy. "Ow!"

Pigsy ignored him to say, "I actually had a buddy- Him and I would tear up the town and cause all sorts of trouble. He had a bit of anger management problems. Super short fuse. We saw our fair share of scraps." he glanced outside, as if he could see the time playing out before his eyes. "And now, we are both respectable members of society." he gave a nod. "I'm a chef, he's an inventor and mechanic... and you-" Pigsy trailed off. "What did ya say your job was again?"