C07 || The Sapphire Witch {5/5}

🛡️🇺🇲🦸🔥❄️🦾💯💋🕺💼🧱🧨❤️💀🧐🧬

[In London, a part of the city destroyed by bombs, formerly the bar where Steve enlisted the Howling Commandos. Peggy follows the voice of a radio through the rubble.]

MAN ON THE RADIO: Blackout is still in effect throughout the London area. Please wait for the all-clear. Your attention, please. All citizens shall remain indoors until further notice. Blackout is still in effect throughout the London area.

STEVE ROGERS: [when Peggy finds him he's pouring himself a drink] Dr. Erskine said that... the serum wouldn't just affect my muscles, it would affect my cells.
Create a protective system of regeneration and healing.

"Which in other words, you also have superhuman metabolism." Izzy said.

STEVE ROGERS: Which means um... I can't get drunk. Did you know that?

PEGGY CARTER: Your metabolism burns four times faster than the average person. He thought it could be one of the side effects.

"I should introduce you to Asgardian mead sometime." Thor said. Steve smiled.

PEGGY CARTER: [referring to Barnes getting killed] It wasn't your fault.

"It wasn't, Steve. What happened to me was never your fault in any way." Bucky said. "I chose to get on that train... I knew what might happen if I did."

STEVE ROGERS: Did you read the report?

PEGGY CARTER: Yes.

STEVE ROGERS: Then you know that's not true.

"Steve. Listen to me it is not your fault." Bucky said.

"But it is, I didn't reach you quick enough and you fell." Steve protested.

"Steve please, don't blame yourself." Bucky said.

PEGGY CARTER: You did everything you could. Did you believe in your friend? Did you respect him? [Steve looks at her as if to say 'yes'] Then stop blaming yourself. Allow Barnes the dignity of his choice. He damn well must have thought you were worth it.

STEVE ROGERS: I'm goin' after Schmidt. I'm not gonna stop until all of Hydra is dead or captured.

"You go get that sun of a bitch." Josh said.

PEGGY CARTER: You won't be alone. [Steve smiles thankfully at her] Has Silas still not woken up yet? It's been four days.