C17 || The Stark Expo {4/4}

⚛️🦿🍩🎖️👠👑😀🥊🕷️⏳🦸🔥🏴‍☠️👁️😎🔫🦏🥃💩🤬

🦏🥃💩🤬

[Stark Expo. Natasha opens the car door with Silas beside her and Pepper emerges from the car.]

HAPPY HOGAN: I’ll keep the car down here, all right?

PEPPER POTTS: Thank you, Happy.

[The three ascend the stairwell. The camera shifts and focuses on the stage, where the announcer was standing.]

ANNOUNCER: …Justin Hammer. His presentation will begin shortly in the main pavilion.

"Did either of you have any indication something would happen?" Izzy asked.

"Not really, but when Tony arrived we knew something was going on." Silas replied.

[As Justin dances onto the stage and approaches the podium, he is greeted with cheers. The two spies and Pepper didn't look amused.]

JUSTIN HAMMER: Yeah. That’s what I’m talking about. Thanks for coming. Ladies and gentlemen, for far too long, this country has had to place its brave men and women in harm’s way, but then the Iron Man arrived, and we thought the days of losing lives were behind us. Sadly, that technology was kept out of reach. That’s not fair. That’s not right. And it’s just too bad.

Tony rolled his eyes.

"It is fair and it is right, seeing as what might happen if that technology gets in the wrong hands." Jace said.

"He sounds like a whiney little bitch." MJ said.

PEPPER POTTS: [She rolls her eyes and groans] Oh, Lord.

JUSTIN HAMMER: Regardless, it was an impressive innovation, one that grabbed the headlines the world over. Well, today, my friends, the press is faced with quite a difficult problem. They are about to run out of ink. [Two people run on to remove the podium] Get that out of here. Ladies and gentlemen, today I present to you the new face of the United States military. The Hammer drone. [Drones rise out of the stage as he calls names] Army! Navy! Air Force! Marines! Yeah! Yeah! [The spies and Pepper still look unimpressed.] Woo! That’s a hell of a lot better than some cheerleaders, let me tell you. [Ivan is typing something] But as revolutionary as this technology is, there will always be a need for man to be present in the theatre of war. Ladies and gentlemen, today I am proud to present to you the very first prototype in the Variable Threat Response Battle Suit and its pilot, Air Force Lieutenant Colonel James Rhodes.

Everyone rolled their eyes.

"I would have rather seen the cheerleaders, Hammer really is an idiot." Alec said rolling his eyes.

"He had great ideas but they were poorly executed and the names he would come up with...thank god, War Machine was a way better name." Rhodey said.