01 ♡ beloved

Mikael brought you to what could only have been described as a castle. It was the biggest residence you'd ever seen in your life, and it could easily accommodate all of the children from the orphanage, with ample room for others.

You stared up at the manor, bewildered. "Are you rich?"

"I suppose you could say that," he laughed. "There are other attendants that live here as well, so we won't have this big place all to ourselves."

"Wow..."

You were used to sharing your room with countless other children, but here no doubt you'd be able to have a room all to yourself. Mikael himself was a rather mysterious man, and he hadn't explained anything to you yet, but you were starting to feel optimistic about the whole situation. He led you inside, where a woman with her hair tied up into a neat bun was waiting in the lobby. Based on her attire, she looked to be a maid. One of the attendants that Mikael had mentioned, then.

"It's very nice to meet you, [Name]." The woman bowed her head before you. She had honey-gold hair and violet eyes, and a thick accent that you couldn't quite place. "My name is Freja. I will be helping take care of you while you're here."

"You speak funny," you remarked.

Freja cracked a smile. "My apologies, miss. I am of Danish descent. Japanese isn't my first language, but I hope that I speak it well enough that you are still able to understand me."

"Danish?"

"I go on many travels," Mikael explained. "I met Freja during one of my travels to Denmark. Now, let me give you a tour of the place and get you settled in. I'll explain the rest afterwards."

He grabbed you by the hand and led you through the rest of the mansion. It was even bigger on the inside than how it appeared from the outside. You caught glimpses of the other attendants, but you didn't stop to chat with them while you were going through the tour. Mikael assured you that you would have a chance to meet everyone properly later. There were more rooms than you could count, and more bathrooms than anyone could ever need, but Mikael explained to you that all of the attendants had their own room, and thus, much of the mansion was actually in use. There were paintings all over the walls and other sculptures and ornamental decorations that looked more expensive than you could possibly comprehend.

Finally, he showed you to your room.

"Amazing!" you exclaimed, immediately bouncing onto the plush bed. "It's so big!"

It was one of the biggest rooms in the entire place and decorated with your favorite colors. You wondered how he could have possibly known. You were feeling a bit tired from the tour, and now that you'd made it to your room, it'd be nice if he could answer some of your questions.

"Who is Aphrodite?" you asked, clutching a pillow to your chest. Mikael went still for a moment, then smiled, taking a seat by the edge of your bed.

"She is one of the twelve gods of Mount Olympus; one of the most important and revered gods in all of ancient Greece."

"Greece is a country in Europe."

"You are correct."

"But ancient Greece," you frowned. "That would've been a long time ago, no? Why did you call me a descendant of this Aphrodite, then?"

Mikael placed a finger on the tip of your nose. "It's because of the nature of your Quirk. Your powers emulate those of the goddess Aphrodite herself. Your ability to charm others and create feelings of love, I mean."

"But that's just my Quirk," you protested, pushing his finger away. "What do I have to do with those gods? I don't get it. And why did you say my powers wouldn't work on you?"