35 ♡ melting gaze

It was the morning of the departure to the forest lodge, and everyone was in high spirits. You were waiting with your friends for the bus to come and pick you up, which gave a certain snarky blonde just enough time to get some of his typical remarks in.

"Whaaat?" Monoma jeered. "Class A needs supplementary lessons? That means someone got a failing mark? Huh? Isn't that weird? Isn't that strange? I thought Class A was supposed to be superior to Class B, right?"

You smiled passive-aggressively. "Nice to see you too, Monoma-kun. How's the rash doing? You know, the one on your butt you told me about."

His cheeky smile dropped, and students from both classes started chuckling under their breaths.

"What are you-? I-I don't have a rash! Your brain doesn't work, stupid Class A girl!"

Thankfully, Class B's "big sister"-Kendou-intervened before you had to deal with any more of his antics. Like always, she put Monoma out of commission with a swift hit to the back of his neck before dragging him away and apologizing.

Iida made several chopping motions with his hands. "Everyone, our bus has arrived! Please queue up in seating order!"

Though the poor class president had advocated that you sit based on your classroom arrangments, everyone wanted to be next to their friends instead. You'd decided to sit with Izuku for the ride up. Kaminari had whined about wanting to be next to you, but he had Kirishima as his seat buddy. Katsuki also scrunched up his nose at the sight of you and Izuku sitting together, but that was hardly anything new.

"The bus will be stopping in one-hour intervals," Aizawa told you, glancing back from the front of the bus. "After that-"

"Let's blast some tunes! I wanna listen to something summery!"

"You are not supposed to be standing on the seats! No standing on the seats!"

"I think I busted my laptop the other day..."

"Hey, I want pocky too!"

You leaned back in your seat and giggled. It was easy to tell just how excited everyone was. Aizawa groaned and turned his head back around, probably deciding it wasn't worth the headache. Izuku was leaning against your shoulder, and he would've been normally turning red right about now if not for the fact that he was so focused on showing you the pictures on his phone.

"...and this is from when I went to the All Might convention two years ago," he babbled excitedly. "They had so much Western-style food, and there were even desserts modeled to look like him!"

"So, you were eating miniature versions of All Might?" you asked worriedly.

"Yes! Oh, um... it's not as weird as it sounds!"

"Nah, you're right. It sounds cute."

He chuckled sheepishly and tucked away his phone. "Sorry, [Name]-chan. I feel like I always end up talking your ear off whenever we're together. You're one of the few people who listens to me ramble with such interest. Or maybe you aren't even all that interested and you're just being nice... either way, I appreciate it."

"I'm interested," you reassured, placing a hand on his shoulder. "It's always fun to listen to people talk about the things they're passionate about. Their energy is contagious."

"Oh... that's good, then." He flashed you a wobbly smile. Ah, there it was. That signature shade of red that settled on top of his freckled cheeks.

You shifted on your seat to get closer to him. "Are you excited about the trip?" you asked.