15 ♡ the charmed

"You look nervous," Shouto remarked.

"Well, considering who my next opponent is..."

You chuckled weakly. Throughout the remainder of the second round, you'd been sitting away from Katsuki and opting to watch next to the bi-color haired boy instead. It was hard to keep yourself from glancing in the blonde's direction every now and then, and his crimson eyes would lock onto yours nearly immediately. It looked like he was glaring a lot more than usual. Because you were about to fight him? Actually, it kind of seemed like he was glaring at Shouto, too. This guy really had bad blood with everyone.

The battle before you was in its terminal stage, and you knew it was just about time for you to get up and leave. You weren't scared of Katsuki or anything; it wasn't like that. Still, you felt apprehensive because you wanted to win, and in terms of raw power, you were no match for him. If, for whatever reason, your Quirk didn't affect him, then the Sports Festival was over for you.

"I should go," you sighed, standing up suddenly. You noticed Katsuki doing the same from his seat, except he stole a glance at you and immediately headed towards the opposite staircase.

Shouto nodded his head so slightly you almost missed it. "Good luck against Bakugou."

"Thank you, Shouto-kun. I'll need it."

You made your way towards the stadium's underpass, knuckles clenched white. It was okay. Being nervous was just natural, with someone like Katsuki as your opponent. Win or loss, you just wanted to be proud of having put up a good fight.

Present Mic's voice signaled that it was time to enter the stadium. You took in a deep breath, hurriedly patted your cheeks, and walked over to your side of the arena. Katsuki was staring at you with an expression that was neither pleasant nor entirely menacing. It was probably the most neutral you'd seen him during the entire festival.

"Don't even think about pulling any cheap tricks," he muttered, temples flushing just the tiniest bit pink.

You giggled innocently. "And what would you consider to be a cheap trick?"

"Shut up. I'm gonna kick your ass."

There was a lull of silence. It felt as if the world had gone soundless, even though you knew full well that the crowd was roaring overhead. You briefly stopped to wonder how Izuku's surgery had gone, then caught yourself, and tried to get your attention back on track.

He'll be okay. I just need to focus on this moment for now.

You were nibbling at your bottom lip now, anxious to hurry up and get started. Present Mic was just about finished with the introductions. Any moment now...

"The last match of the second round... STAAAART!"

Before you could even blink, an explosion burst before your eyes. You winced, though it wasn't close enough to deal significant damage. As expected, Katsuki was going to go on the attack right away; to not give you a chance to even use your powers on him.

"Stop moving!" you yelled out, activating your Quirk. It wasn't fast enough-another explosion came hurtling your way, and you fumbled backwards from the impact. Clouds of ash and smoke drifted before your eyes, but a third attack didn't occur. Had he actually stopped?

...guess not, huh.

The smoke cleared, giving way to Katsuki, still on the other end of the arena, his fingers plugged up into his ears. So, that was his tactic. He'd keep his distance from you and just unleash explosion after explosion. When he wasn't attacking, he'd make sure that he wasn't able to hear you, so as not to be affected by your Quirk. He was observing you; waiting to see what you'd do next. If you tried to get close to him, you were sure he'd just blow you back right away.