03 ♡ new class cutie

"Sports festival?"

"Come on, we just had that villain attack the other day! Are you sure it's safe?!"

You had heard of U.A's Sports Festival, of course. It was one of the biggest events in Japan, with countless spectators and people watching from all around the country-some even from overseas. You'd only missed the first few days of class, but from the looks of it, a ton of things had already happened. Already, the Sports Festival was on its way, and you didn't even know a thing about any of your classmates.

Goddammit, Mikael.

"The Sports Festival isn't an event that can be canceled over a few villains," Aizawa brushed off. "Compared to previous years, there'll be five times the police presence just in case. Regardless, this event is one of the greatest opportunities you'll get. The nation's top heroes will be watching, looking to scout you based on your abilities. Naturally, you'll gain valuable experience and popularity if you're picked up by a big-name hero. You only get one shot at this every year, so it's not something you can afford to miss."

Some of your classmates were bubbling with excitement, while others had taken up a much more solemn, determined expression. You might have been a bit behind everyone, objectively speaking, but perhaps it would be to your advantage for this event that you'd started late. Nobody really knew what your powers were or how they worked, and even though they were your classmates, technically everyone in this room would be your rival.

Following Aizawa's announcement came the regular academic classes, but you had a lot to think about. You were able to control your Quirk to the point that it didn't affect anyone unintentionally, at least for the most part. Mikael had set aside much of his time to train you over the past few years, but even so, you still didn't have any hands-on experience when it came to using it against a real enemy. The Sports Festival would be a good opportunity for you to test your limits.

Lunchtime came, finally, and you stood up only to realize that you didn't have anyone to sit with in the cafeteria. You were the new girl. Sure, you could probably charm people and convince them into eating with you, but you didn't like using your Quirk for trivial things like that.

"Out of the fucking way," a brash voice growled, and you felt someone roughly slam into your shoulder as they passed you by. You blinked just in time to see your angry blonde desk neighbor glare at you as he walked past. You didn't know what his deal was. Was he always this angry? Or had he caught on that you'd used your Quirk on him earlier?

Nah, I doubt that he could tell just from that...

You stood there, slightly confused, until you heard another voice call out to you. "[Name]-chan!" a bubbly brunette chirped. Her name was Uraraka, if you recalled. "You're new here so you still haven't met everyone properly, right? Do you want to eat with us?"

"Oh," you smiled. "Yeah, that'd be great-"

"Wait, wait, wait!" The blonde guy with the lightning bolt in his hair quickly interjected. "No fair, trying to hog her all to yourself! I'm Kaminari Denki," he introduced with a goofy grin. "You're super pretty! Can I have your number?"

You chuckled. "Sure, I don't mind."

"What-really?!" He slapped his palms against his cheeks, incredulous. "No way... a girl this cute actually agreed to give me her number. I was expecting you to reject me flat-out..."

"Kaminari's already being a sleazeball," a short-haired girl sighed. "You can ignore him, [Name]. Nobody takes what he says seriously. Ah, I'm Jirou Kyoka, by the way."

"Jirou, that's so mean!"

"I was just giving her the facts."

You hadn't realized it, but before long, a group of students were crowding around you. Some of them had already left the classroom to go to lunch, but you were slowly making the rounds and getting to know everyone. Kaminari was apparently the class goofball and seemed to be the butt of many jokes, but you thought his awkward flirting was actually pretty cute so you'd gone ahead and given him your number, and while you were at it, exchanged numbers with some of the other students as well.