58 ♡ better than a kiss

The next morning, you woke up bright and early, as per Aizawa's orders that you clean the dorms. But in spite of the fact that you were on house arrest and would be forbidden from attending classes these next two days, your spirits were absurdly high.

How could they not be? After all, two of your dearest friends had finally reconciled.

"Good morning!"

You greeted both Izuku and Katsuki in the communal area with a bright smile. The blonde was scrunching up his nose at you, no doubt wondering what you had to be so chipper about, meanwhile the freckled boy behind him was a flustered mess, cheeks ablaze as he frantically avoided making eye contact with you.

It's definitely because I kissed him last night. I almost feel bad about it.

Almost, but not quite.

"Goddamn, you're loud," Katsuki grumbled. "Is it just me, or are you happy about being punished with chores?"

"This is no biggie," you shrugged off. "I figured I'd get in trouble the moment I didn't interfere or grab a teacher to come and stop your fight. Plus, this way the three of us get to spend even more time together, yay! We'll be the toughest cleaning crew around."

You flashed him a cunning smile, all the while flexing your forearm. Katsuki didn't look impressed.

"Whatever," he said with a roll of his eyes. "Just grab one of those vacuums and get to work. If we're doing this, we may as well do it properly."

Still smiling, you hastily nodded in agreement. But before grabbing your cleaning equipment, you bounded over to Izuku, who was still making efforts to hide himself. That being said, you'd seen him steal a couple of glances your way, eyes immediately widening as he hurried to pretend like he hadn't been looking.

"Boo," you whispered into his ear.

He reacted much as you'd expected-by letting out a squeal and nearly passing out on the spot. "[N-N-Name]-chan!" he spluttered. "I'm, uh... I was just..."

"The fuck's wrong with you?" Katsuki scowled. "You're being even lamer than usual. Hey, pervert girl. Did you do something to him? Idiot looks like he's about to have a heart attack."

In all fairness, he kind of did look that way, but you figured you should keep the kiss between yourself and Izuku.

"Nothing, really," you grinned, wrapping an arm around Izuku's shoulder and squeezing him close. He flinched a bit, squeaking once more, but as always, made no attempt to shake you off. "I'm just teasing him a bit. You know how I am."

Katsuki grimaced. "Two morons, the both of you. As chummy as always, goddammit..."

He turned away and switched on his vacuum, though he kept on muttering curses under his breath. You wondered if he was a teensy bit jealous that you'd hugged Izuku and not him. He had kissed you of his own volition last night, after all.

Well, you supposed you had all the time in the world to get the answer from him.

"[N-Name]-chan," Izuku stammered again. His face was completely red by this point, so mercifully, you let go. "About l-last night, um..."

"I told you, didn't I? It isn't fair that only Katsuki-kun got a prize. Plus, this will be an incentive for you to win next time, right?" you winked.

He struggled to form the words at first, but a shaky smile soon found itself upon his lips. "Okay," he nodded. "Next time, I'll win for sure."

"Hehe. I bet!"

"What's this about Deku winning?!"

"Nothing, you little baby. Be a good boy and keep vacuuming."