05 ♡ sweet and spicy

There were two weeks until the Sports Festival. Those two weeks were all you had to prepare yourself for one of the biggest events of the year. Even now, none of your classmates really knew what your powers were, and you intended to keep it that way, at least until you had to use them to compete. Most of the students in 1-A were really friendly, and you'd exchanged numbers and chatted with a couple of them. This was also how you'd learned about what most people's Quirks were, and which classmates you'd do well to keep an eye on.

One of them was a boy named Todoroki Shouto. You hadn't actually spoken to him yet, but Hakagure had told you how he'd easily overpowered some villain grunts back at USJ, and the way he'd secured victory during the battle trial as well. He had an ice Quirk, from what you'd heard, but he could apparently also release heat from his left side. Nobody had ever seen him emit flames, though.

Another one, to your surprise, was Izuku. He didn't seem like the type, just based off his shy, fidgety appearance, but he had some sort of superhuman-power type Quirk. Unfortunately, it seemed to come at great risk to his own body, and he would end up with broken bones after using it.

The last person that your classmates had warned you about was Katsuki. Even if you'd barely known him for two days, his past with Izuku and the cold glares he flashed you during class were evidence enough of his poor demeanor. His Quirk allowed him to release explosions from the palms of his hands, which was fitting for someone with such a short fuse. He'd apparently placed first in the entrance exam, and even though he'd technically lost against Izuku and Uraraka during their battle trial, he was very adept at using his powers. He also definitely didn't seem like the type to ever hold back, so if you ever ended up having to fight him, you would need to give it your best shot.

"Are you going out, [Name]?" Freja was busy sweeping the main floor as you came down. You nodded and headed for the front door.

"Yeah. Since I don't have class today, I figured I'd start figuring out how to train for the Sports Festival. I'm going to go for a walk and clear my head."

"Okay," she smiled. "Stay safe."

It was a nice, clear day, perfect for going on a walk. You inhaled the crisp air and set off, with no particular destination in mind. There was a little park close to your house, but you went there all the time, so you figured you'd go somewhere else this time. You scrolled through maps on your phone. Izuku's neighborhood had a park too, and maybe if he was free he might come out to join you.

It's decently far away, but I've got time to kill.

As you walked, you tried to think of ways you could hone your Quirk in time for the Sports Festival. It was kind of difficult, because you couldn't really improve upon a power like yours without using it on someone else. If Izuku decided to come out today, you technically could practice using it against him, but you didn't much like the idea of using your friends as test subjects. Also, it was probably for the best that you keep your classmates from discovering how your Quirk worked for as long as possible.

It was around midday, and rays of sun were catching in your [h/c] locks. You'd had to walk a good deal and even take a bus to get to Izuku's neighborhood, but the park was in view now. It seemed to be a good deal bigger than the one by your place, so at least you'd have more room here. It also wasn't particularly busy, which was nice. The odd couple going on a walk together, and a family with their young children, but it was quiet for the most part. You spotted a bench a little ways over, and decided you'd sit down before figuring out your game plan.

Just as you were walking over, a random jogger rushed by you and nearly clipped your toes. You jolted backwards out of surprise, but the jogger caught your eye long enough for you to realize that you actually knew him. Blonde hair, furrowed brows, an overall unpleasant expression...