19 ♡ cats are great

"Eh? That pro hero Hawks?"

Aizawa watched you rake your eyes over the paper. "Yeah. Of course, the choice is completely up to you, but I think it's worth considering. He's been garnering more and more public approval lately, and his hero ranking was already high to begin with."

"Right," you nodded. "I'm just surprised that a top hero like him actually nominated me..."

"Tokoyami received a nomination from him as well. He came by my office earlier and was already ready to accept. Heroes can have more than one student interning for them at a time, so it's not too late for you to agree."

"Oh, Tokoyami-kun did?"

It wasn't all that surprising. His Quirk was incredibly strong, and if not for an unfavorable matchup against Katsuki, he could've well made it into the finals and fought against Shouto. Hawks nominating someone like that made sense, but you? Not that you weren't happy, but you wondered what exactly he'd seen in you during the Sports Festival. Even if it was pure intrigue on his part, the opportunity was too good to pass up.

You handed the list back to Aizawa. "I gladly accept. I'm not sure what it was, but I got really lucky this time around."

"It wouldn't hurt to have a bit more confidence in yourself," he offered.

"I normally do, but I found a lot of weaknesses to my powers during the Sports Festival." Even now, you still couldn't shake the frustration of being unable to use your full strength against Katsuki. Hawks could very well prove to be the mentor you'd been hoping for.

Aizawa tucked the paper away and began inputting your selection into his computer. "Well, you're a smart girl, so I'm sure you'll figure out what needs to be done."

"Sensei, are you hitting on me?" you giggled.

He rolled his eyes. "Don't get too full of yourself, little brat."

You left the teacher's lounge with a smile, feeling even more excited than before. Picking out hero names, meeting a super cute senior, and now even getting nominated by the Hawks... what an awesome day.

You swung your bag over your shoulder, ready to head back home. Familiar curly green locks poked out from the other end of the hallway, and you raised your hand to wave to your friend, but Izuku looked like he was in the middle of a serious conversation with All Might. They sure got along well. It seemed like they were almost always chatting together at school.

"Ah. It's the kissing addict," a voice called.

"Who? Oh." A smile was quick to settle on your lips. "Hi, Shinsou-kun. I'm not a kissing addict, though."

He grinned at you, running a hand through his messy hair. "Sure, whatever you say. Are you all done for now?"

"Pretty much. Just about to head home."

"Cool," Shinsou shrugged, eyes flickering around. "Hey," he tried, "did you wanna maybe... grab some ice cream together, or something? I don't have much going on today, so I figured I'd kill a bit of time."

Your smile brightened. "Already asking me out, huh?"

"Like I said," he flushed, "I've got time to kill."

"Right, right."

"So..."

"Of course," you chuckled, patting him on the back. "Ice cream sounds good."

His violet eyes seemed to gleam with excitement, and he flashed you another lazy, lopsided grin before you began the trek off campus grounds. Luckily, there were tons of little shops right at the base of the hill. Ice cream, too.