29 ♡ love trumps all

Shouto's eyes widened, realizing what was happening with just a moment to spare. You squeezed your arms around his back and pressed into him, deepening the kiss. Your eyelids fluttered to a close and you held yourself there, Quirk unfurling around you in pink ribbons.

"[Name]..." Shouto tried, mumbling against your lips, but he was already falling deep into a trance. His body was burning hotter than it ever had. Even the warmth of his breath was practically steaming. You opened your eyes a crack, noting the violent blush that had erupted across his cheeks. He was losing himself to your power, drunk on everything he was feeling for you.

You felt him jellify under your touch, threatening to lose consciousness altogether, but you focused as best you could to control your Quirk. There wouldn't be a point in knocking him out. If he fainted, you would both lose. You needed to fine-tune the output of your power to keep him awake, keep him functional. Even so, being kissed on the lips by you had only ever left people completely and utterly drained. You didn't even know if his body would be able to handle it.

Shouto began to shake against you, and you took that as your signal to tear your lips away from his, breath escaping you in dreamy puffs. His face was so incredibly red. You pressed a palm against his cheek and winced, feeling it scald your skin. This was probably a bit dangerous, but it wasn't as if you had much of a choice. He swayed forward once, and you had to catch him into your arms.

"There, there," you murmured, patting his head. "You're okay, Shouto-kun. But I need you to listen to me right now. I'm relying on you. Right now, you need to help me."

He stared at you with pale eyes that had glazed over. "Yes... of course. I'll do anything."

"I need your power, Shouto-kun. Without you, we stand no chance of winning." You furrowed your brows, feeling light in the head. As expected, it was difficult to channel so much of your energy while making sure you didn't put your target out of commission. You took Shouto's hands in your own, inhaling softly. "Aizawa-sensei will be back any moment. We need to stop him. Do you understand? You have to do everything in your power to stop him. You can't allow him to cancel your Quirk out. No... right now, it isn't your Quirk anymore. Your Quirk is mine. Use it for me."

"Use it... for you." He hastened a nod, head bobbing vigorously. You didn't like saying such selfish things, but you knew he wouldn't hold it against you. At least, not if your plan actually worked.

"Thank you, Shouto-kun. You're amazing." You kissed him again, very chastely this time, but it was enough to bring back some of the light into his eyes. He squeezed your hands and gave you a weak, dazed smile.

"I'll do anything, [Name]. I like you so much."

You tried not to take any of what he said too literally. He wasn't fully himself right now, after all. But not long ago he'd admitted to liking you. He'd said that you were a very kind person. Knowing that he truly felt that way made you feel a little less guilty about what you were doing to him.

"Right now, you need to construct a bunch of ice pillars," you instructed. "Make sure they're tall, high up enough so that Aizawa-sensei will easily spot them. Create a space for me to wait and hide inside them. He's definitely pretty close already. He gave me a bit of time so that I could try to get my shit together, but he'll be back soon. We don't have enough time to try and make it to the gate. We need to shut him down here."

"Okay," he breathed. "I'll do it."

You clenched your jaw, eyes darting everywhere as he began creating the structures. No sign of Aizawa yet. This time, you made sure to pay extra attention towards up above. This plan was one big gamble. It was entirely possible that your theory would turn out to be completely wrong, and you would lose immediately. If he spotted you now, that would also be to your disadvantage.