26 ♡ disillusioned

"We've waited long enough, [Name]. You have to pick one of us."

You blinked in confusion. Several of your classmates were standing before you. Izuku and Katsuki were there, Shouto was there, Kirishima, Kaminari-even others who weren't in your class like Shinsou and Tamaki. You could recognize that it was them, but somehow, their expressions looked different than usual. They didn't seem themselves. Their eyes were glassy and vacant.

They formed a circle, surrounding you, and other figures were steadily creeping over from the distance. You couldn't make out who they were. It was strange. Why was everyone looking at you like that? And what did they mean by you having to pick one of them?

"[Name]-chan, don't listen to the rest of them," Izuku mumbled, his voice lower than usual. "I'm the one who loves you the most. You know that, don't you?"

Katsuki stepped in front of him. "There's no chance in hell I'm gonna lose you to someone like Deku. Stop wasting time and hurry up and pick me."

"Pick you for what?" you asked, but you were suddenly aware of a pink haze spreading out as far as the eye could see. Everyone was really acting weird. You didn't recognize this place. It was dark, and there was nothing around besides all of them and you.

"You should be more careful," Shinsou spoke, moving to grab you by the arm. His irises were practically black. "They don't know what they're saying. Come with me, I'll keep you safe."

You didn't feel safe at all. Everyone was closing in on you, staring you down with those vacant eyes and eerie, hollow expressions. You tried to break free of Shinsou's grasp, but it felt like your body had no strength. Your breath hitched in your throat. Countless hands came reaching out, swallowing your body whole.

*****

You awoke with beads of sweat pooling on your forehead. It was hot outside, but not so hot that you'd sweat through the night, and you could feel a cold chill coming on. Your mouth was dry, too. Sometimes you woke up feeling thirsty, but nothing as extreme as this.

"Weird dream," you muttered, reaching out to your nightstand to grab your cup. The cold liquid ran down your throat, a little bit spilling over your lips as you gulped it down without pause. You felt a little bit better after drinking. Maybe you were just dehydrated from sweating so much.

You stole a glance at your clock and your eyes went wide. It was already well past noon. Sure, it was a Sunday, but you never slept in this late. That dream must've really put you out of it. You should've set an alarm last night. Funnily enough, even after sleeping in so much, you didn't feel rested at all. You were noticeably more sluggish than usual. It sucked that no one had come in to wake you, but you'd have to try to salvage what was left of the day.

Your pajamas were matted to your body in some spots from all the sweat, and you let out a contented sigh once you'd finally peeled them off. You quickly hopped into the shower, freshened up, and put on some clean clothes. You felt more awake now, and you grabbed your phone off the nightstand to check it before you went downstairs to have breakfast. Or lunch. Yeah, lunch was probably more accurate.

As usual, there were a bunch of notifications you had to clear, mainly from social media and news updates. None of them were too important, but you made a mental note to check them later today. You did have a couple of messages from one of your classmates, though.

[Kaminari]

Last day of studying for me and my one brain cell