46 ♡ new home

After everything that had happened, it was now time to go back to school.

The implementation of the dorm system was something unheard of, even for U.A, but you understood why that they had to take the precautions in light of recent events. When you thought about if All Might hadn't been able to defeat that horrible villain, All For One... you might not have even been standing here right now. Still, you tried to push thoughts like that to the back of your mind. You were, after all, excited for this new development and the chance to get even closer to your classmates.

When you made your way onto campus and outside the main building, you could see that everyone else had already gathered. You felt yourself exhale, relieved that all of your classmates had gotten permission as well. You looked around a bit more, and your eyes eventually fell onto an ash blonde with a grumpy expression. He glanced over in your direction and immediately blushed all the way up to his ears.

Oh... right.

You remembered your previous kissing session and you felt yourself growing hot in the face too. It wasn't as if you regretted it or anything. Actually, it had been rather enjoyable. Katsuki put on this facade and acted like he didn't care about anyone, but he'd been so gentle with you when you were broken up about having lost your Quirk; even the way he'd embraced you had been kind. You understood why he'd be embarrassed after the fact, but you hoped he wouldn't try and pretend like it had never happened. Besides, you still wanted to let him know that everything had worked out.

"Katsuki-kun-" you started, but to your surprise, he was already walking towards you. His cheeks were still flushed, and his eyebrows were furrowed impossibly tight-probably from embarrassment-but he stopped right in front of you and awkwardly forced his hands into his pockets.

"So, uh," he averted his gaze, "what... ended up happening? Did you talk to the teachers about what happened to your Quirk? Since you're here now, I figure you must've."

Your lips pulled up into a smile. "Actually, my Quirk came back all on its own. Sorry, I should have messaged you the second I realized it, but there was a lot going on, and then I was getting ready for the move-in. I probably must have just depleted my powers or something. Either way, everything's all good, but thank you for worrying!"

"I-I wasn't worrying!" he bit back defensively.

"Oh? It kind of seemed like you were."

"Whatever," Katsuki muttered, though it was painfully obvious he wasn't being honest. He was a really bad liar, but you decided not to tell him that; it was more fun this way. "Anyways, you need to be more proactive and hurry up and learn more about your damn powers," he said sternly. "They're already confusing enough as is. What are you gonna do if you run out of juice in the middle of a fight against villains?"

"Well, I agree with you on that, but I'm not quite sure how."

Especially considering my ties to Aphrodite have been severed.

"None of my business," Katsuki snorted. "That's on you to figure out."

You laughed. "The fact that you're advising me on what to do kind of makes it seem like it is your business."

"Shut up!"

You giggled, just happy that things were back to normal. All of your friends were here, safe and sound. The League had escaped, but their scumbag leader was locked up for good. All Might's retirement was sure to deal a heavy blow to society, but you got the sense that you would all manage. With the loss of a leader, another one would inevitably step up to take its place.

"So... are you just gonna make me come out and say it?"

You frowned and turned back to the boy beside you. He was clenching his jaw, grinding his teeth back and forth, and somehow even more flushed than he'd been earlier. He took in a sharp breath and jabbed his finger out at you accusingly.