Teacher

It's the eighteenth of August, I spent the morning chatting with A/n and doing my workout like usual. I intended on having a chill day but a knock on my door disrupted my plans.

"First things first, show me what you know already," I state as I watch Craig ready himself in front of the boxing bag. Tweek is sitting on the bench press, he insisted on taking today off work to watch Craig just in case Craig somehow got hurt. Adorable.

Craig hesitates, unsure of where to start, but he eventually shows me his left hook, right hook and uppercut. "I don't know how to do the kicks..." Craig trails off, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"That's fine! Your punches were great! We'll start with your form and go from there." We spend the next fifteen minutes or so discussing and practising form, how to kick and how to better create a better flow with movement.

"Alrighty, now that you've got decent form and flow it's time to practice on a target that can move and dodge." I state, getting into position on the foam mat that's in the middle of the garage, Craig looks at me, fear in his eyes, "Don't worry dude, the most you're going to do is bruise me. Maybe break my nose if you hit well but it wouldn't be the first time."

Craig positions himself on the mat as well, still a little scared, "I promise it's fine dude, just use what you've learnt to attack me." Craig nods and takes a deep breath, readying himself.

He moves in and I can immediately tell he's going for a right hook, I dodge to the left and pretend to left hook his head, "Hit, gotta protect your side," I announce so he's aware of my movements.

He readies himself again and goes to left hook, I block and pretend to upper-cut him. "Hit, watch your arms." Craig huffs and readies himself again. We go back and forth for a while and he can't seem to get a hit in.

He's getting frustrated which is making his movements more obvious, "dude pause for a second and take a breath! Your anger is making you ridged." Craig stops and sits next to Tweek who hands him his water bottle.

"Gah! I think you're too f-frustrated. It's af-f-fecting your f-flow," Tweek states, smiling at the taller boy. It's odd, he looks so calm but his mannerism say otherwise. I wonder if it's anxiety or just some odd tics, maybe it's both?

"Tweek is correct, boxing another person isn't about letting your anger out. That's what the boxing bag is for. When boxing another person you need to be focused, disciplined and calm. Your movements can't be obvious. You need to flow with it." I explain, taking a few sips of water from my own water bottle.

"Okay, so how do I do that?" Craig asks, looking over to me, "Well do you have music you listen to that helps you calm down? Maybe listening to it will get you into the flow of things." I reply, passing my iPad over to Craig so he can select what he wants to listen to through Spotify.

"Don't judge me..." Craig mumbles as he hesitantly selects his songs. Taylor Swift plays through the speakers, I think it's twenty eighteen Taylor Swift with some of her recent stuff mixed in.

I smile at Craig as he gets up and once again readies himself, taking deep breaths as he does. "Just go whenever you're ready Craig," I state, readying myself and bracing for the possible impact this time.

Craig moves forward, I go to block what appeared to be a right hook only to be kicked by his right leg. I stumble slightly but quickly correct my form. "That's great work, Craig, keep it up!" Craig smiles at me and goes into attack formation once more.

We continue the back and forth for a while, he manages to get a few kicks and punches in but nothing too damaging. As 'Don't Blame Me' begins to hit the chorus Craig finally lands a damaging blow.

I couldn't predict his next move, I wasn't sure whether it was going to be a left or right hook so I took a chance and guessed wrong. His left fist strikes the right side of my face. I stumble to the right but I manage steady myself, looking up at Craig I smile at him with pride.

"Fantastic punch Craig! We'll make a boxer out of you yet!" I exclaim putting my hand out for Craig to shake, shakes my hand, a prideful smile spread across his face. "That'll do for today, I don't wanna be too bruised." I laugh, grabbing one of the two towels and handing it to Craig, taking the other for myself.

"Thanks for doing this Y/n, I've always wanted to do Muay Thai but no one in town does it or offers training." Craig is pretty emotionless, he shows nothing in his voice or facial expression. His body language and eyes, however, show enough emotion to make up for the lack in his voice and face.

"It's really no problem! I can tell you've been practising through YouTube so you're better than a beginner, if we keep this up on a regular basis I might have to kick your ass in the sixteen-eighteen-year-old category this coming season." Craig smiles at my words, wow he must be super hyped.

"For real? You think I could go into the professional fights so soon?" Craig asks, still monotone but he looks super fucking hyped. "Absolutely, you're better than you give yourself credit for."

"Hey, fellas!" I hear Leo exclaim as he walks over to us from his front door, "Sup cuz?" I reply as I begin to pack up the equipment, "Oh and Craig, if you want to shower before you leave so you're not sweaty in the cold air the door to your left is a bathroom with a shower. Towels and toiletries are under the sink, you can help yourself to whatever." Craig nods, entering the bathroom and locking it behind him.

"What you up to?" Leo asks, taking a seat next to Tweek. "Nothing much, just wrapped up our first training session. Craig is great, with regular practice and a disciplined workout routine he could make this coming season." Leo smiles at my response.

"That's great! He's been wanting to do that for ages! And you'll have a sparring partner!" Leo exclaims, I smile at the thought as I place the last of the equipment away. "That'd be good, I was worried I'd have to spar with my Dad every time." My Dad coached in Muay Thai but stopped due to finding other passions. He's the reason I got into the sport and he'd gladly kick my ass.

"So what are your plans for your birthday?" Leo asks, kicking his legs slightly as he does when he's in a chipper mood. It's currently Monday and my birthday isn't this weekend but next weekend, the thirty-first of August.

"Well A/n will be here on Sunday, I'll be spending the week with him and on my birthday we've planned a chill night just watching my favourite shows and movies with a shit tonne of food. He'll be leaving on the morning of the first of September as we've got school on Tuesday." I reply.

"That sounds nice! I'm excited to meet A/n, I want to learn more about AFL!" Leo exclaims and I chuckle at his eagerness. A/n play's Australian Football at school, ever since Leo found out Australia has its own version of Football he's done so much research into it.

In my opinion, the only football is "soccer" as it literally only uses your feet, unless you're the goalie. American football is Gridiron, and Australian football is Aussie Rules. Aussie Rules is actually pretty popular in heaps of countries, it's funny seeing "Australian Football League" next to the name of another country.

"Gah! If he's as nice as you are, I wouldn't mind meeting him either," Tweek states, smiling at me as he does. Maybe his tics are Tourette's? I return his smile, "Thanks Tweek!"

I was intending on having a gathering at my place with all the guys so I'd be able to officially meet them and their partners before school. That way A/n would know who I'm hanging out with and I'd be able to get to know everyone before school.

However I recently learnt that Stan and Craig hate each other, I don't know how Leo failed to mention that but at least I know that now. The only reason Craig was there when I got to South Park was because he was willing to put his hate for Stan aside that one time so he could meet me.

With this in mind, I'll likely have two separate gatherings, one with Craig and his friends and one with Stan and his friends. It'd be easier that way as well as there'd be fewer people.

Hopefully, they go well...