Intolerance Will Not Be Tolerated

My next lesson was science class and I was fucking fuming. I couldn't pay attention. I've been at this school for what, an hour? And I've already experienced being misgendered by some bitch who looks like she smashed her face in a makeup draw.

Makeup is an art form, with how bad her face looked I'm going to guess she doesn't have an artist bone in her body. Not to mention she was dressed SO inappropriately for a school! Her tits were completely on show!

To be completely honest though, she'd look beautiful if she wasn't such a fucking asshole.

I don't have PE until the end of the day and I desperately want to punch something.

The bell rings and I'm immediately up and out the door, I need to get outside. I'm so angry, everything is making me feel overstimulated. Too many people. Too many noises. If I don't get out and calm down I'll explode.

I get to my locker and that's when the straw breaks the camel's back. Written in massive letters on my locker are "TRANNY" and "You'll always be a woman."

That wasn't there this morning.

How the fuck did anyone even know this was a trans person's locker?! WHO THE FUCK DID THIS?! I'm cis passing when I wear a binder, which I am today! I bet that receptionist told students, who she knows are transphobes like her, that I'm trans.

"Y/n are you- Oh... Fuck." Leo's voice comes from behind me. "Marker." Is all I manage to utter. I hear Leo shuffling through his pencil case until he finds what he's looking for.

He passes me three permanent markers. A black one, a silver one and a white one. I use the black marker to scribble over the black text. Once that's done I use the white to write a new message.

"INTOLERANCE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED"

Underneath that I used the silver marker to write in smaller text, "I eat bigots like you for breakfast"

"I have some pride stickers that I was going to use for the inside of my locker... Did you want to put them on the outside of yours?" Leo asks softly. Hearing the uncertainty in his voice I take a few deep breaths to calm down. The last thing I want is for Leo to be scared of me.

"If you don't mind, I'll pay you back for them," I reply, trying my best to smile. "Nonsense! I've got plenty more at home!"

With that Leo and I place a bunch of pride stickers all over the locker. I used the markers to put emphasis on my two favourites.

The trans pride flag and a sticker saying "This is a safe space". I also intend on putting a hidden camera inside my locker so if anyone vandalises it I can see who they are.

I want everyone who passes by this locker to know I won't tolerate bigotry of any kind and that I won't just fight for myself, but for others who have experienced bigotry at this school too.

"Most people decorate the inside of their lockers..." I turn around to see the guys standing behind us, staring at our work. "Yeah. But some dickheads wrote transphobic shit on it. So Leo and I fixed it!"

"Fair enough then. Anyways, we're off to the cafeteria. You guys coming?" Kyle asks and I look at my twin with a questioning gaze, "you guys still want us around? Even after I told you off this morning?"

The four look at each other with guilty faces, "yeah... We all discussed what you said and we agree. We haven't been good friends to Butters and we want to be better. So... If you guys want to give us another shot..." Stan explains, Leo smiles brightly at the four guys.

"We'd love to hang out with you fellas! Right Y/n?" Leo exclaims excitedly. I shrug, if they're being honest then why not? Plus, if they aren't being honest I'll stick up for Leo. "Sure."