Chapter 1

As I lay here in the hot blaring sun of the Mediterranean - laying on a boat with Lauren beside me, I can't help but let my thoughts wander.

We have been through so much in the last twenty years. I can hardly believe it has been so long.

At the height of beatlemania, the most beautiful young woman walked into my life and I longed for her. I was young and naive but I had my three closest friends by my side to encourage me to follow my heart.

I went on a spiritual journey in the sixties and into the seventies and Lauren gave me the pleasure of becoming a father to our children.

They are my pride and joy. Oliver, who has followed in my footsteps, is able to play guitar up to par with the likes of Hendrix, Clapton or myself.

Darry is now studying business and wants to become a lawyer or manager someday in the not so distant future.

Our dear Annie is becoming a young lady so quick before our eyes and is just as beautiful as her mother. She has the woods genes.

And then there's Ethan. Lauren's pride and joy.

"George, babe," Lauren called out to me in the silence and interrupted my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I asked as I felt the sun on my skin.

"You look like you're about to fall asleep, I was just making sure you were still with me," she laughed.

I love her laugh. It has always been something that gives myself joy.

For many years she couldn't get herself to laugh or smile too often. It is a blessing for her to be happy once more after the pain she's suffered in her life. In our lives.

"I'm just taking this all in," I said to her, "being here away from everything with you - no kids."

"I wish they were here, all of them," she said getting closer to me. I pulled her against me and felt the glisten of her skin against mine. We were starting to sweat being in the sun.

"They are fine back home," I assured her, "here let's cool off."

I got up and grabbed her hand and walked her to the edge of the boat. She stared into my eyes for a moment and then we counted to three and jumped in.

When we came up to the surface of the water we felt refreshed and I pulled her close once more.

She then wrapped her legs tightly around my body and put her arms around my neck.

I looked into her gentle eyes and saw my whole world in them. She put her forehead against mine and I brought her lips to mine.

We kissed for a moment and then broke apart.

"What we're you thinking about up there?" She then asked me, "before I interrupted you, that is."

I let go of her and dunked my head back under to cool off once more.

There's so much I think about daily that I don't bring up to her because she is so delicate. I only ever want to have happy moments and discussions with her to protect her.

"Ethan, actually," I told her the truth after a moment.

"My baby," she said smiling. She must have been thinking about him too.

This was the first time she was apart from him. He comes with us frequently when we are away. She protects him with her every being.

As do I.

I can hardly believe he is already turning 6, and growing more and more into a tiny version of his own father: Glyn Johns.

"He is fine," I held her once more.

"I know he is," she nodded, "I was ready to be alone with you and I know he's protected."

"Thank you for coming on this getwaway," I said to her then, it was important to me that we were here relaxing together away from the spotlight we live in.

"You have been working so hard on your new album and I am so proud of you," she reminded me, "this is a celebration."

I nodded as we then got out of the water to dry off on the boat once more.

We both knew I had to travel to Los Angeles later this week to meet with my producers and get my album approved and marketed. This was our alone time together before things get a little more hectic.

"George," Lauren then looked serious as she took a deep breath. It looked like something was bothering her all of a sudden.

I grew concerned, "what is it, Lo?"

I was confused.

"I... I...," she paused and then the look on her face turned to joy "....I am ready to marry you again."

This was entirely out of the blue. We had an agreement after Glyn passed away that we would be together but that titles did not matter. What was and is mine is hers and I expect nothing in return.

We had discussions early on about what we would do about our family and how we would raise Ethan and we've been taking things very slow as we raised our family at our Friar Park estate.

"For all intents and purposes," I stared into her eyes and felt as though I was looking into her soul, "you are my wife. You are the woman I have loved since I was young and immature, you are my soulmate and we don't need titles to be who we are."

"I'm just ready for it all. I love you more than anything on this earth. Besides our children who I love equally as much."

"Well I made a promise to you," I reminded her, "whatever you want or dream of - it is yours."

She smiled at me knowing how sincere I was being. The minute we get back home to England I plan on bringing her to a courthouse and making it official before I have to head to America.