Chapter 14

I was counting down the hours until I would see Olivia again. Somehow I never thought I would see or hear from her again. All of these years I have cared only about Lauren and her well being that I forgot how much I cared about Liv.

I just wanted to see her. I wanted to catch up and see what she's been up to.

I know Lauren should be made aware of this but I instead decided against telling her. I instead told her I was going to a meeting with some producers here in New York City.

When I saw her yesterday, I told Olivia to meet me the next evening at a small diner in Manhattan. I quickly gave her the address and then called an old friend to rent the place out for me for the evening.

I wore my best suit to impress her, knowing it was wrong for me to keep from my family.

I needed this. I needed to be in her presence.

This wasn't some one night stand like Pattie was. This was someone who my soul - the very fiber of my being - was tied to. She was going to be my wife only a few years ago.

I wondered on the drive over if she was going to be dressed as nice as myself or whether she'd go for a more casual look. Was she nervous or was she excited?

I was nervous.

I got to the place and met with the owner who was so excited I was there and that I rented him out.

"You can have anything you want," he said pointing at the menu.

I laughed at the idea.

"Just make two dishes of your very best meals and I will put in a good word to my friends and family," I said to him.

He nodded and went to the kitchen.

The place was very lowkey, exactly what I needed. I sat and waited and played some tunes in my head until finally I saw someone at the door. The owner ran over to let her in.

"Livie," I greeted her, there was a glisten in her eye when I said this.

"Georgie," she winked and walked in my direction to a booth on the far side of the room.

She looked amazing in her dress with her jewelry. She was stunning. 

I was in trouble.

"I'm glad I'm not over dressed," she said looking at my suit.

I hugged her and then we sat down.

"We are a tad bit over dressed for the venue but I'm glad we are here."

"I'm glad we are alone," she said happily, "I know what life with you is like when there are fans all about."

"I'm surprised there isn't a sea of people here by now," I nodded, "it's a miracle really."

"How are you?" she then asked, "I didn't get a chance to ask you that yesterday. I truly want to know."

That was a loaded question. I didn't know how I was. All that mattered was I was here right now and happy in this moment.

"...I want to hear about the kids," she then cut off my train of thought and asked about them.

I was happy to tell her all about them and spent the next half hour only talking about them. They all missed Olivia for a while after things were ended between us. She was practically their second mother when the kids were mostly with me at Friars Park.

"I wish I could see them," she said smiling and thinking back.

A part of me felt guilty I couldn't give her a child of her own.

".... so there's something I need to tell you," she then said.

I wondered what it could be. She looked happy yet nervous to tell me.

"I stayed out of the spotlight all these years because I didn't want to be followed by paparazzi and the fame soon subsided. In that time I had..... a child," she said.

I stared at her for a moment. I knew I couldn't be the father. She would have came to me immediately.

I was in shock though, nonetheless. I didn't know Olivia was a mother herself and I wished I had known.

"Who's the child's father?" was the first question I asked her.

"A... fling," she admitted, "I didn't even know his name and had no way of ever finding him again but I am glad because I don't want someone to scoop in and ever take him from me."

"Him?" I said wondering more about her child.

"My son," she smiled fondly, "his name is Dhani."

I loved this name. I had spoken to Olivia years and years ago about how I liked that name. It had origins in Hindu and I was and still am a firm believer in the faith.

My heart skipped a beat.

"How old is Dhani?" I then asked her.

"He just turned 5 last month," she said.

I thought back to 5 years ago and what was going on in my life. It was a little less than a year after Glyn's death and I was going through a lot with Lauren and the kids and my career.

How did I not know Olivia had a baby.

"Well I wish I could have been there for you," I admitted, "you must have been so scared without any help and without the babies father."

"Luckily I had practice with children and was so ready to be a mom," she said happily.

"Maybe Dhani can play with Ethan," I suggested, "I know Lauren would be happy to know about this happy news in your life."

"Does Lauren know we are here together?" She then wondered out loud.

I shook my head no.

"How are things in your relationship?" She then asked me.

I decided to tell her everything. Every little detail.

She did not seem surprised that Lauren fell for Tom Petty.

"She falls for men too easily," Olivia pointed out.

I knew this to be true but she didn't know Lauren's heart like I did. It was so full of both love and heartbreak. It was honestly too much for any one person to handle.

"Oh I'm sorry if that didn't come out correctly," she said, "I only meant...."

"...no, you're right," I said cutting her off, "but it's not okay for either of us to judge. She is my wife and I know I haven't been entirely innocent. I was in love with you at one point too."

"I haven't been in love since you," Olivia looked into my soul.

We were now eating the meal the owner made us and I was getting full.

"You ready to go?" I asked her abruptly. I wanted to take her somewhere away from downtown where someone might recognize us.

I also wanted to test the waters and see if she wanted to be alone with me in an intimate setting.

What was I thinking?

"Yes," she jumped up and interrupted my thoughts.

We went out and got into the car my driver had waiting. I wondered where I should have him take us.

"To my place," Olivia said to him and I nodded.