Chapter 16

All I could do was go and find Olivia. I went back to the apartment we were at last night and of course she wasn't there because that isn't where she normally lived. I didn't even know how to contact her again.

This was all so crazy.

I next went to Jenna's office as a last resort.

"George?" Jenna called out when she saw me.

"Hey, do you have Olivia's phone number or know where I could find her?" I asked.

"Well hello to you too," she rolled her eyes then confirmed that the whole world knows.

"You didn't have enough last night?" she laughed.

I didn't find it funny.

"Is it in the news papers?" I asked her.

She nodded.

I shook my head, "well Lauren is aware but I just need to find her."

She scribbled down a number on the corner of the newspaper as she showed me the photo and headline and then I ripped the corner off and thanked her.

I walked to a phone in the lobby and dialed the number.

"Olivia cannot come to the phone right now, may I take a message," her mothers voice beamed.

"Ms. Arias," I spoke, "it's George. I know this is all crazy but I want to see her again and I don't want to cause any trouble for her or you."

"This already has caused some trouble," she said sternly, "all we try to do is protect Dhani and now he's exposed to the press who are camped out in front of the house."

Oh no. This was all my fault, for wanting to be with her last night.

"I'll send someone to pick the three of you up," I said to her, "take you someplace safe."

The phone switched to another line and I heard Olivia speak.

"George, we shouldn't," she said.

"Olivia Arias," I said, "I poured my heart out to you last night and I will protect you. I'm sending my driver for you both and then he's taking you back to my home."

"Is that going to be okay with Lauren?" she asked.

The truth was that I know it would be. She would be okay with this and a little reunion couldn't hurt anybody.

Tom is there too to ease tensions.

....

I returned home to Lauren and Tom relaxing together in the living room. The kids were out in the yard.

"I invited some guests over," I said to them both.

"Olivia?" Lauren sat up straight.

I nodded and explained the situation and Lauren understood. She wasn't as upset as she was a couple of hours ago.

"So who's with her?" she then asked.

"Her mother and.... her son."

"Son?" She asked next, "I had no idea..."

"Neither did I but she had him shortly after our breakup."

"Her son isn't yours.... Is he?" Tom then questioned and Lauren looked directly at me like she was staring a hole right through me.

"No," I said, "she explained it to me last night. The father was a one night stand she had and couldn't find him again."

Tom and Lauren looked at each other and then I thought about the timeline.

Olivia couldn't have possibly lied to all of us all of these years.

Lauren stood up and walked from the room. The possibility was a little too much for her. Honestly, it was for me too. I was hoping and praying that she didn't have my child and then keep it from me all of these years.

That would be devastating. I had to give her the benefit of the doubt and believe her.

They arrived shortly after and I had the kids come inside to see her. They were completely shocked.

"Olivia?" Darry said giving her a big hug.

Annie did the same and Olivia looked like she was ready to cry.

They also hugged her mom who they remembered well and then Tom greeted them.

"Hi Lauren," Olivia said reaching her hand out and then Lauren instead pulled her in for a hug.

I was grateful she was being kind so far.

That's when we all were next introduced to her son who was acting shy behind his grandmother.

"Dhani, it's okay honey," Olivia grabbed his hand and led him forward.

"Dhani?" Lauren asked. She also was aware I had liked this name once upon a time.

"And this must be Ethan?" Olivia said smiling, "you look just like Glyn, my god."

She was shocked at the resemblance.

"I could say the same about Dhani and George," Lauren said and then everyone felt the tension in the air shift.

No one knew what to say. Including the kids who knew what Lauren meant but didn't want to ask if it was true.

"Lauren," I said to her, giving her a look of warning.

Tom and Ms. Arias quickly got all the kids to another room and then Olivia and Lauren began to argue.

"I didn't come here to be accused," Olivia said to her.

"Then why did you come?" Lauren shot back.

"Look I am sorry," Olivia said to her, "Sorry for walking back into your lives, I didn't mean to..."

"I wanted you to," I shook my head, "do not apologize."

Lauren looked like she was trying to be okay with all of this but just wanted her savior Tom to come and rescue her like usual. 

Then she finally accused her once more of lying about Dhani.

"I did know, Olivia," Lauren said, "I knew you were pregnant right after Glyn died, and I chose to shut it out from my life but now seeing him, seeing your son... there is no way he isn't George's."

Lauren was adamant about this. I was started to get annoyed.

I looked to Olivia and she started to cry.

"Liv," I shook my head, doing my best to console her, "I know it isn't true."

She sobbed once more, and then said the words I really did not want to hear in that moment.

"I'm sorry, George......  he is yours."