Chapter 27

A few days after our video shoot we laid Roy to rest with his family and a few other close friends of his in a private ceremony.

After all the events of saying goodbye to our band mate and friend, I just wanted to be back home with Olivia more than anything.

However, she wanted to stop in New York for a little while, which I agreed to. I asked Ollie if he would come with and he in turn asked his mother which led to Tom having this marvelous idea for a grand proposal for Lauren back where she grew up.

He and Ollie were planning the whole thing together to which I had no interest in knowing about or being involved in. I am married to Olivia now and she deserves all of my attention.

Olivia and I were excited to have her mom stay with Dhani while we stayed in a hotel for a night just to have some alone time together. I needed to be close to my wife and show her how important she is to me.

After we had a fancy meal together we went up to our room and I let her know my intentions immediately to which she made clear she wanted the same.

We spent the night being intimate and then talking about how happy we were for the rest of our lives together.

I wanted to grow old and gray with her and watch Dhani to grow up to make the both of us proud. I hoped and prayed I would be healthy and live to see all of my children be successful.

....

I wanted nothing more than to stay laying in bed with my wife all morning but upon waking up after the night we had, she had other plans.

"Come on, get up," Liv said, "we have to be ready and to the fashion studio downtown by 11:30."

"We... what?" I said blinking my eyes. I didn't think that I needed to do such a thing.

I knew vaguely of Tom's plan with his proposal and something having to do with Jenna and the studio but I didn't think I was involved in any way.

"Ollie wants the both of us there for Lauren," she said.

"She's my ex wife, I don't think I should be..."

"George Harrison... get up and get ready," she said sternly and walked from the room.

I reluctantly got up and did as my wife demanded. I was doing this for Ollie and Ollie only. I didn't need to be involved in this.

We drove down to the studio and rode the elevator up to Jenna's floor where there was a sea full of faces I recognized. They got a lot of Lauren's closest people here; Paul and Linda McCartney included.

"What are we all doing here?" Paul walked up to me, "is this a big announcement for a fashion line of some sort?"

Oh, so the group of people here had no idea what Tom was doing.

"Tom is asking Lauren to marry him but I do not know what our roles are in being here and I don't have any details."

Paul and Linda got excited. It's not that they didn't like me but they've always loved Lauren with anyone else but me.

We all mingled and gathered around and then Tom walked in and stood at the front of the room to speak.

"Hello, everyone... thanks from the bottom of my heart for being here... I love all of you and so does Lauren," he began.

Everyone listened intently as to what the gathering was for.

"Laur has no idea what we're doing here and this is going to be overwhelming and emotional for her but I'm very excited to play everyone a new song I wrote for her and you're all going to hear it here first."