Chapter 18

The new living arrangements took some getting used to. Olivia and Dhani were sharing a guest bedroom since many of Lauren's things were in our main room and because she wanted to be close to her son.

Our son.

Darry would be going away to school in the next couple of weeks and that will leave Annie with us while Lauren decides to either come back with Ethan or go on tour with Tom.

Ollie is coming home after a months long tour in America and we were thankful to have him back. I was only nervous because I haven't been able to tell him this news and I fear his mother may have already told him.

I knew he and his fiancé Molly were going to be moving into their own place and away from all the drama in the lives of his parents.

We invited Molly over the night before Ollie was to return home to England.

I wanted to introduce her to Olivia and Dhani and have her help us decide how to break this big news to Ollie.

"So he has no idea?" she asked, knowing he was the most rational one of us all and would have lots of opinions.

"He hasn't mentioned anything when you guys have talked, has he?" I then asked her. She would know.

"He hasn't mentioned it but I wouldn't put it past him to not want to talk about it until he's home," she pointed out.

This was true.

"Well it is a pleasure to meet you," Olivia said to Molly.

"You as well," she smiled really big, "Ollie has told me about you, all good things so I don't think there's anything to worry about in this situation."

We had yet to tell her that Dhani was my son. The news we told her was that I was back with Olivia and Lauren was with Tom Petty.

Dhani and Annie were coloring on the far side of the room and all of a sudden Dhani ran up to us to show us his drawing.

"Look at all the colors," he said happily.

She was staring at him and how much he looked like Ollie and I, whereas Darry and Annie looked like Lauren and Ethan like Glyn.

I saw her put two and two together.

"Is Dhani....?" She then said looking at both of us.

"That's what we're worried about telling him," I nodded and admitted to her, "it's a long complicated story but we're making things work."

"Okay, he might be upset at first for not knowing all these years," she then told us.

I was hoping we were all wrong.

Molly then helped the kids color welcome home signs for their older brother while Olivia and I sat outside in the garden listening to nature.

I didn't know what I should say as I listened to the sounds of the birds in the setting sun.

Then she spoke.

"I feel like everything that has happened in our lives has led us to this moment," she said, "I feel guilty about keeping him from you all these years but I'm grateful you've understood where I was coming from."

"One last hurdle - Ollie coming home and meeting our son."

....

The next day Molly, Annie and Olivia baked Ollie's favorite sweets and cooked dinner while I picked him up from the airport with my best bud Jeff for moral support.

Jeff was made aware of Olivia and the big news and he was going to help me tell Ollie before we got home.

We stood there waiting for him to come down the escalators and when he finally did I had the biggest grin on my face.

My son coming back from a tour around the U.S. as a guitarist. It was my dream come true that he shares my passion for music and is out there making a name for himself.

"Ollie," Jeff and I said in unison, he was just as excited as I was.

We had sunglasses and hats on so hopefully no one would notice us standing there in public.

"Where's the driver?" Ollie asked us.

"You're looking at him," I said to my son.

"Let's get back to the car then," he said, "someone's going to see you and cause a scene."

We did as he asked and once we were alone I looked at my son.

"You don't seem excited to be back," I said as Jeff sat there letting us talk it out.

"I don't want to get Mom on your bad side but she told me everything and I know what I'm coming home to," he said.

"And what exactly did she tell you?" I asked him.

"That Olivia kept her son from you for the past 5 years and now you just forgave her, and are what.... being a family?" He wondered.

"It's complicated, son...."

"You have four sons now, then... huh?" Ollie asked, "that is if you consider Ethan to be your son... or is he Tom's?"

This was the reaction I feared from Ollie. I hoped he would have a better.. more understanding reaction to all of this but he wasn't budging. I knew it was a lot on him having been through a lot with Lauren and I.

"Let's talk about the tour," Jeff then suggested and we were able to change the tension in the air to more of a free flowing conversation where my son wasn't angry at me.

When we then got up to the door with his bags he stopped and turned around.

"It's just too much," he said starting to shed a tear, "I just want Molls."

Jeff nodded and went inside to get her for us and when she came out he held her so tight and let the tears flow.

"I'm here Olliepop," she said to her fiancé, "I'm here."

We then gave them some time and I told him I understood if he couldn't handle coming inside.

Next Darry went out to be with his brother as well.

Darry was the one to get him inside.

When he saw Olivia, his tears came out again and so did hers. They were very close and he hasn't seen her in over 5 and a half years.

They silently went in for a hug and we all just watched. Neither of them wanted to let go and I think in that moment Ollie realized why I forgave Olivia so quickly. She was a good person at her core and you just knew it when in her presence.

"Would you like to meet him?" She asked.

"Yes," he nodded, "I hear he looks like me."

It was true.

Darry went and got their littlest brother and brought him out to meet Ollie. It was all so confusing to Dhani to meet all of these new people but it was a step in the right direction for everyone involved.

"Welcome home!" Dhani said and gave him the drawing he made him the night before.

Dhani didn't even know him but had been dying to meet him and welcome him home.

Ollie picked him up and looked like he never wanted to let go of his littlest and newest Harrison brother and best friend.