Chapter 7

I woke up the next morning happier than I've been in my entire life.

"Good morning my beautiful wife," I said to Lauren who batted her eyes as the sun peeked through our hotel room window.

"Last night was..... amazing," she smiled and cuddled closer to me.

"Which part?" I smiled and rolled on top of her to kiss her.

She started to giggle and for a moment it felt like we were the only two people on the planet. I knew in a few moments she would want to get up and see Ethan and our other kids.

"We have a few minutes..." I said to her.

"We sure are newlyweds," she laughed at me, "we will have more alone time soon I promise... right now I need the kids"

She jumped up to get dressed and was off to be with them.

I took my time getting ready for the day. We were to travel as a family to California this afternoon back to our family home there.

I knew they would all be happy to visit their old home there with us this time.

I was just about to head over to see them or get something to eat when Ollie came walking in.

"Hey son," I said to him, "thanks again for stepping up last night and taking care of your siblings."

"Darry and Annie can handle themselves," he assured me, "and Ethan is just the best, I'll always protect my little brother."

"Your mother appreciates that very much," I nodded.

"How is mom?" He asked me, "with all this traveling and being here and just everything..."

"I'm sure you've seen it. She is being very strong for all of you. She's come a long way in the past few years."

"Yeah," he agreed, "I'm proud of her for being here and for staying strong."

"Thank you for being here for this special occasion," I said to him.

"I wouldn't have missed it," he said, "you know, I didn't want to leave England right now - since in a month I'm going to be away all summer on tour... but I wouldn't have missed this."

"Is there something else?" I asked him as he sat down on the edge of the sofa in our room.I knew he missed England and probably his girlfriend who couldn't come with us.

"There is something," he nodded but looked like he was unsure of how to approach the subject.

"Come on Oliver," I said looking him in his eyes, "your more than my son you are my best friend you can tell me anything no matter how difficult and I will give you guidance."

"I know that Dad," he nodded and then he stood up and walked to the window.

I was confused and slightly concerned. I didn't know Ollie was struggling with something. Maybe I was just oblivious to everyone else's feelings.

I sat on the sofa and let him take his time. Then there was a knock on the door. We were interrupted and he gave me an apologetic look.

I opened the door and in walked Tom Petty.

"Tom can it wait a minute?" I asked him, "Ollie and I were having a discussion..."

"No, wait," Ollie said, "come in!"

Tom looked at me and we were both confused.

He came in and we closed the door.

"What is going on?" Tom asked sensing the seriousness in the air, "I was just coming to grab you two so we can all get something to eat."