Chapter 15

When Olivia and I got to her place I wondered if she wanted me inside or not. I briefly thought that maybe she just wanted to be dropped off. Then she grabbed my hand and pulled me out with her as she stepped out.

"George!" a photographer then came out of nowhere to snap our picture. They had recognized me and here I was holding hands with Olivia and not my wife Lauren.

I felt distraught and Olivia looked happy but then soon after she realized how bad this was. She didn't want to be in the spotlight and I didn't want the papers to run with this story that I was with Olivia.

We got inside quickly and went up.

"I'm going to have to tell Lauren now," I said shaking my head.

"We could have randomly saw each other somewhere and we were just catching up," she suggested.

"And holding hands?" I questioned. It didn't look great.

"I was pulling you away from the paparazzi," she added.

I guess that would have to be a part of the narrative.

I looked around at her apartment. It was exquisite with not a thing out of place. It didn't look like a child was ever there.

"Who's watching Dhani?" I asked her.

"My mom lives with me," I said to her, "my father passed away last year."

I knew him well and I felt bad about this. I still didn't understand though where her mother and son were.

"... this is a staged apartment I own and am looking to sell," she started laughing... "oh did you think I was going to invite you into the home where my son is sleeping?"

"How did you end up in New York?" I wondered aloud then.

"Fashion," she said, "I am back in the game."

I nodded, I was happy she was here.

I then grabbed her hands and swung her around.

"Since I'm telling Lauren I was with you, I might as well make it a worthwhile evening," I winked at her.

She looked happy. Like me being here was the best thing to happen in her life.

I couldn't help myself as I stared at Olivia and admired her beauty.

I leaned in and went to kiss her, not knowing if it was okay or not. If she wanted it or not.

She accepted and we couldn't stop. We then started knocking things over trying to get to the bedroom as we ripped items of clothing off along the way.

I now knew what Lauren felt for Tom. I feel it right now for Olivia and I realized I needed to be honest with Lauren. I needed her to know it's okay to not choose me this time.

She could be with Tom without any guilt.

I knew what I was missing.

Olivia.

.....

That evening I got home late and walked inside. The children and Lauren were all sleeping and she had no idea where I was this evening.

I decided to call Tom and tell him.

"Really, George?" I could picture him shaking his head in disbelief that I once again broke Lauren's trust. She picked me over him and now I was doing something to make her regret it.

"I don't know how to tell her," I admitted to him.

"Well you telling me complicates things," he said, "I can get on a plane to come out there and comfort her but where does that leave you?"

"I felt a spark," I said to him.

He was silent on the other end. I knew I was messing with his life and Lauren's.

We hung up after deciding he would come out right away.

The next morning I was surprised to see a tired looking Tom at our door. He obviously had not slept a wink and took his own private jet out here immediately after our phone call.

"Tom?" Lauren said after waking up and seeing he had just walked in the door.

She ran to him and gave him a big hug.

The kids weren't paying attention. I had Ethan up and playing in the next room and the others were in the kitchen looking for breakfast.

"Does she know?" He looked at me and then Lauren did too.

"No," I sighed.

"What is going on? What don't I know?" She asked the both of us, then turned to Tom only, "you look so tired, did you fly here in the night?"

"I did," he nodded, "because George called me to tell me who he was with last night and I knew when he tells you today you'd need a shoulder."

Her heart sank.

"I don't want to know," she barely could look at me. Then she walked away to go find Ethan.

"Lauren," I called out after her.

She didn't stop. She went to him and picked him up and held her baby.

"Mama," he said happily, then he saw Tom following us both.

"Uncle Tommy," he jumped up and down once Lauren set him down. Next he ran directly to him and wouldn't let go.

Tom enjoyed that just as much as Ethan did.

Lauren then had Ethan go find his siblings and walked outside on the patio.

We followed her.

She grabbed Tom's arm for support and looked at me as she waited this time for me to spit it out.

"I was with Olivia last night," I admitted. It was like ripping off a band aid.

"Olivia...." she asked with confusion in her tone, "Arias?"

I nodded.

She started laughing. Tom and I looked at each other with concern. We weren't expecting this type of reaction.

"Olivia is a good person, and trustworthy," she said, "how is she doing?"

"She is.... fine," I then said, "but I lied to you about where I was and I'm truly sorry for that."

"I forgive you," she said, "I understand why you wouldn't want to tell me after everything that's happened lately."

"There's more," Tom said.

Lauren took a deep breath and braced herself for impact.

"We were photographed together outside of her apartment," I started to tell the full truth.

"And?" She asked.

"And I'm sure it will be on the front page today," I told her and she nodded.

"Keep going," Tom said to me.

Lauren looked to me this time like I was breaking her heart.

".... I slept with her," I admitted to my wife.

After a moment of her just staring at me she took some deep breaths and then told Tom she was glad he was here through some tears.

"You can stay outside," she then said to me, "or go find Olivia and be with her."

I deserved that.