Chapter 29

The years go by faster than you can even imagine. It feels like just yesterday I was young and discovering myself as a musician with my band.

The success I experienced at such a young age completely changed my life forever and everything since then had been a series of dominoes perfectly falling into place.

I've come to realize that everything happens for a reason and each decision I've made in my personal life and in my career has been with purpose.

I am now happily married to Olivia and have four amazing children that each have immense talent in their own ways.

I have a soft spot for my oldest, Ollie due to him becoming a music superstar overnight with the release of his debut album called "Sign of the Times."

It shot immediately up to number one on the charts and he is ready to start touring for his fans and the whole world.

I am ready for the opposite. I'm ready for a break from work, from music, from traveling. I want to start enjoying the little things. I want to spend every moment I can with my younger children and wife.

We returned to England to settle down, despite Ollie's tour with Tom kicking off soon. I was going to go to one or two shows in a month or so but I just needed time away for a while.

"I am grateful to be your wife," Olivia said out of nowhere as we sat together on our sofa in the living room. Dhani was down in the garden playing where we could see him out the window and she was smiling at him.

"I'm more proud of being your husband than anything else in my life," I promised her, "I knew from the moment I saw you again in New York that I would spend the rest of my life with you.... as long as you'd have me."

"I will have you until the end of our days," she said softly.

"That's all I want," I said in response.

It's all I need.

I was forever grateful to be where I am in life. I knew nothing could change this feeling, no matter what life throws at us next.

Hopefully each of the coming years handles all of us with the care we deserve.