Chapter 25

I stood in my bedroom looking in the mirror as I straightened my bow tie and fastened my cuff links. Today was the big day. It was supposed to be Oliver's day but it turned into my own.

Olivia was all for tying the knot as soon as possible and all of the guests were my own friends, colleagues and family. We flew her mother out immediately after deciding to do this and added a few more guests last minute to help us celebrate.

Lauren helped alter a few wedding dresses to make Olivia's dream dress and I have been dying to see her in it.

This was now my third time getting married. Only the first two were to the same person and one of them didn't even really count.

I chose Ollie to be my best man with my second son Darry right beside him and then Jeff. Olivia didn't really have many people she could choose to stand with her so Lauren jumped at the opportunity, along with Annie and Stevie.

"Knock knock" Ringo Star walked in as I was taking some deep breaths.

"Hey man," I shook his hand.

"You ready to head down there? Ollie and Jeff are holding down the fort but it's almost show time."

"Yeah I just am a little nervous is all," I admitted to my long time friend.

"There's nothing to be nervous about this isn't your first go at it."

"That's entirely why I'm nervous," I said, "I couldn't make the first two marriages work."

"This is different. You guys have Dhani and life is going to be so good to you."

This was true. I was so excited to be a family with my son. I want to make up for all the lost time.

I walked with him down to the back patio and out to the grand set up.

There were so many familiar faces out there and by now they all were gossiping and finding out that Ollie wasn't getting married today but that Olivia and I were.

I stood up at the front for the ceremony and Ollie patted me on the shoulders as he stood to the side of me.

"This is your happy ending, dad," he said, "I'm so happy for you."

I smiled at him then looked down the aisle for my bride.

I was glad my oldest two sons were standing at my side for this special moment. 

I took some more deep breaths as the piano music started and out walked Stevie, Annie and Lauren.

When Annie reached me she gave me a huge hug. She has loved Olivia all these years and is happy shes becoming my wife.

Thats when I finally saw her. 

Olivia was being escorted down the aisle to me by Dhani and Ethan holding her hand on either side. It was a touching gesture.

I also felt shaky because of how beautiful she looked. I was taken aback and felt like I was going to lose all composure and just swoop her up into my arms.

"Can I take your mommy's hand?" I asked Dhani when he reached me.

He nodded and the boys ran off to go sit by Tom in the front row.

The ceremony went by in a blur. All I could think about was how lucky I was. Then a few minutes later we were exchanging rings and saying I do.

"I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. George and Olivia Harrison," I heard as I pulled her in for a kiss. I couldn't wait to do so the entire time.

Everyone erupted in cheers and applause. We then went directly over to our house and had a few minutes alone as everyone moved over to the reception area.

"Finally," I said to her, "this should have happened a very long time ago."

"If I had my way it would have," she smiled, "but it is okay."

"Thank you for believing in this... for marrying me despite..... everything."

"A few months ago if you told me we would reconnect and be where we are now I wouldn't have believed you. I'm so happy that Dhani is a part of your life now and I wish I could go back and change everything."

"The only thing I would change was that I thought being with the mother of my children would somehow keep the family together but it was a huge mistake. I wish everyday that Glyn was still here."

"She loves Tom," Olivia pointed out, "she has her knight in shining armor and she's very happy."

She was right. There was no use in wishing. 

Lauren is happy and Olivia and I are just as happy. This was the woman I really was going to spend the rest of my life with.

After a few more moments alone, Ollie, Darry and Annie walked in with Dhani then and hugged us both. It was our entire family. 

"Finally," Darry said, reiterating what we were all feeling. 

"....only 5 years late," Ollie added.

"We love you Olivia.... and Dhani," Annie chimed in.

......

Our wedding reception was a huge party that lasted all night long. Famous musicians were getting on stage left and right to take part in singing at the party. 

Famous guests included Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Elton John; all members of Fleetwood Mac, The Eagles, The Rolling Stones and The Who... among others.

Then of course all my Traveling Wilburys were in attendance apart from Roy Orbison who couldn't make it in from America due to health reasons.

Then there were Ringo and Paul.

I wished more than anything that John Lennon could be here but his sons and wife Yoko were in attendance and I invited Julian and Ollie both up to sing/play a song with the Beatles.

"What should we play?" Paul asked grabbing a bass guitar.

"How about While My Guitar Gently Weeps," Ollie suggested.

"I was thinking maybe Paul could do one," I said since I was a little tipsy and slurring my words at this point in the night.

"No... its your wedding night.. you sing," Paul said egging me on.

We all got on stage and I had an absolute blast with them. It was a Beatle reunion of sorts and everyone was very excited to be witness to history happening. We were all on stage together, this time Paul right there with us. 

As the night did wind down I went inside to freshen up and walked down the hallway where all the bedrooms were. I saw that Ethan's old room was wide open and I wondered if he was asleep in there. 

I hadn't seen Lauren in hours. 

I looked inside and saw her laying there fast asleep with her son in her arms. I stood there a moment watching as they slept.

"Is Laur in there?" Toms voice beamed and made me jump.

"Uh... yes, shes in there. I was wondering where she had gone," I told him, "she turned in early."

"She hasn't been feeling too well," he said smiling.

It was odd to be smiling at her not being well. I gave him a look as we walked back down the hallway to the sitting room.

"What has her unwell?" I asked him.

"She's with child," he smiled and showed his teeth wider than I had ever seen. 

I was in complete shock.