Chapter 23

Lauren looked at me as she told the truth after all of these years.

"I was in London for a photo shoot for my very first fashion line," she said, "and the photographer knew Brian Epstein and had worked with the Beatles and wanted to introduce me. I didn't even know their names."

The mention of Brian Epstein made me smile, he was another one gone too soon and he is the reason for our great success as a band in the sixties.

"You mean you didn't know the names of the men in the Beatles?" Natasha was shocked.

"No," Lauren shook her head and went on to tell the story of how the guys gave her a hard time that day when we met her. I had nothing to do with giving her a hard time. If anything, I was intrigued by her presence and we all saw that she was absolutely beautiful.

"What do you remember about first meeting?" Natasha turned the question over to me and caught me off guard. Was I really going to reminisce on how I fell in love with my now two time ex- wife?

Lauren looked at me and then spoke on my behalf telling her that it was a hard time for the Beatles in that moment and how she seemingly saved me from going down a dark path.

"We saved each other. Shortly after meeting she would go through a terrible tragedy," I said grabbing her hand.

Natasha took this as a segue way into discussing the death of Darrell Davis.

"Not many people knew this at the time but you you lost a friend around that time, how did that affect you getting your start in the fashion industry?"

This was a loaded question that I knew would be hard for her to answer. She had a small tear forming in her eye but then wiped it away and smiled. She was being so strong.

"His name was Darry and he was more than a friend, he was my protector and confidant. He got me to where I was at that point by being the one person who believed in me and my talent."

"I am truly grateful I was able to meet him twice," I said to Lauren sincerely, "before...."

The room fell silent.

"...before he tragically lost his life and left me all alone in another country to fend for myself."

"Can we take a quick break?" Tom then cut in and asked out of protection for Lauren and Natasha agreed.

Tom came over and knelt beside Lauren.

I stood up and went to Olivia to give them some space.

"She's only at the beginning - do you think this is still a good idea?" I asked Liv.

"Well she wants to do this so she will get through it. Just be patient with her," she said sincerely.

When we got composed and sat back down Natasha decided to move on to a new topic.

"So where we're we? You two are newlyweds and you have your first child together - what was that like?" she asked us.

"Holding your first child in your arms is a feeling that you will never forget. Of course that was one of the best days of our lives," I said, "Ollie was born on New Years Eve right after a live show we did."

"It was the Hey Jude performance," Lauren remembered fondly. She was very close with Paul McCartney back then and loved the song very much.

"How is Oliver Harrison today?" she then asked.

"He's amazing," Lauren spoke, "he is very talented. He takes after his father and is such a go getter. We are very proud of the man he has become."

"The greatest role I have in life is being a father," I then said and thought about all 5 of my children. I was including Ethan in this because he lived under my roof and I helped raise him....and then Dhani is my own flesh and blood. I want the world to know this so badly.

"Before we get to all your other amazing children," she said reading my mind, "I want to turn to a more difficult topic. Lauren you just tell us if you need another break."

"No I'm ready," she answered, knowing what was coming.

"Tell us," she said, "Who was Glyn Johns?"

She closed her eyes for a moment and then looked past the cameras at Tom who was smiling at her in encouragement.

Tom and Glyn became best friends well after Glyn and Lauren first fell in love but he was there for them both the second time around when they actually got married and had Ethan.

"He was an amazing man in every way," she said with tears falling, "he was very kind and he was there for me without me realizing it at first and whenever I needed him he was there despite being a busy man with his own business and who worked incredibly hard."

She went on and on for a while, letting it all out. It was actually nice to hear how she felt about him. We all knew it.

We continued on with the interview for another hour and a half with small breaks until we finally gotten towards the end.

"What's next for each of you?" She asked and I let Lauren go first.

"Well our son is getting married, and he's going to be putting out his own music," she said looking to me and then she looked back at Tom, "and I'm sure Tom and I will be together and I'll go with him on more tours across the globe."

Tom smiled and nodded. He loves her so much.

"And for you George?" She asked.

"New music," I said first, "Tom and I and a few other musicians have a new album dropping next weekend."

"You mean you and Tom Petty?" she asked looking over at him.

I nodded.

"That's all I am saying right now but next Friday at noon our new single will be dropping on the radio so be on the lookout for that and the album to accompany it."

"Well this is breaking news if we've ever heard any, you cant tell us who else is involved? Is it Paul McCartney?"

Now she was prying for information so I decided to change the subject.

"I have some more news to share," I said happily and grabbed Olivia's hand and brought her into frame.

Lauren stood up and walked off to let her sit with me.

"Olivia and I are going to get married for real this time and we are happily in love."

"How exciting, congratulations!" Natasha said and Lauren and Tom smiled on. They were in no rush to get married but I could see they were happy for us.

"Thank you" Olivia said to her.

"And what the world doesn't know is that Olivia and I have a son together," I finally let the news out, "we have kept him out of the spotlight for the past 5 years but now we want the world to know that his parents are back together and in love."

Her jaw dropped. 

She had no idea I was going to come out with this news.

Annie then came out from the playroom with Dhani and Ethan and they sat on the chairs to be interviewed for a moment. The two of them have slowly become best friends and they were acting like the cameras were here for them.

"Tell us your names and something about yourself," Natasha asked the two young boys.

"My name is Ethan Thomas Johns," Lauren's baby said.

Dhani was much more shy but then said and spelled his own name since it was unique.

Everyone in the room was laughing and smiling and loving how adorable the two of them were. 

Lauren looked happier than I have ever seen her as she smiled on and asked Ethan more interview questions and Olivia did the same with Dhani.

It felt like a weight was lifted off of all of our shoulders for the moment. 

...for a change.