Episode 2 Part 2: Date with a Spirit

-a street-

"Tohka...where are you?" wondered Shido while looking for Tohka and he found her. "It's you...you're that boy from before..." replied Tohka finding Shido through dumb luck. "Do you remember me?" asked Shido warily. "Yeah...but...my memory is a bit fuzzy to be honest, but i didn't forget meeting you." Tohka replied with a nod. 'I see...so not even the memory erasure of the DGP didn't fully work on Tohka. Good to know.' thought Shido.

"Now then...what are you here for?" asked Tohka pointing Sandalphon at Shido. "Look...can we go out on a date? We'll meet at a certain spot, i'll take you around the place. sound good?." said Shido nervously. "Hmm...fine. I'll accept your proposal." hummed Tohka disappearing. "Nice job big brother, we'll prepare the usual." snickered Kotori as Shido was more focused on what would happen. "I don't think you should, i'll do it myself." muttered Shido while turning off the transceiver and sat on a bench.

-i'm going to skip some parts of the date as it's too damn long-

As Shido and Tohka went on their date in the mall, of all of the people they bumped into was...Ace. "Well i didn't know you were on a date, and it's the same girl from before." commented Ace amused while Shido made a flustered look. "Do you know him Shido?" asked Tohka confused. "Yeah...me and my little sister met him yesterday, everyone's actually jealous that he's my aquintance." Shido replied while scratching his head. "It seems that you have some problems, care to tell me?" asked Ace cockily as ever. "Ugh, monetary problems. Tohka's quite the big eater and i spent half of my money on food." mused Shido in despair. "Gotcha covered. I was actually going to a place here in the mall that sell really good burgers. Wanna come along? my treat." said Ace while making an offer. "Tohka?" asked Shido looking at the spirit. "Of course! Lead the way Mr. Ace!" said Tohka cheerfully as Ace smirked and beckoned the two to follow him while people looked on slight jealously. "Ugh...i'm really jealous of you right now big brother..." groaned Kotori in dismay while watching via a few cameras while Shido just laughed at her expense.

-the burger joint which is unnamed-

"So, what are you going to do in the next round which is in two days eh?" asked Ace to Shido while Tohka was happily eating a quarter pound burger. "Well you already know." snarked Shido with a huff. "Say once we finish eating, how about i buy you a jacket? I've a feeling that you'll need one." mused Ace while finishing his burger, his 4th to be exact. "Here's the money. Keep the change folks and thanks for the meal." said Ace while paying their bill with an extra tip which was a huge one and let's leave it at that.

-the department store, clothing section-

"Hmm...this one looks good." hummed Shido finding a jacket his size while it was big enough to cover someone fully. "Found your jacket? Alright, let's purchase." said Ace with a smile when Shido found the right one. Little did Shido know that the jacket he bought would be very instrumental in the future.

-the mall entrance-

"Well, see you two tomorrow." said Ace while waving goodbye to Shido and Tohka. "Shido, i think he's a nice guy." commented Tohka with a chuckle. "I doubt it. But yeah, maybe." mused Shido. 'Yeah, i doubt it after he tricked Keiwa, he might be nice but he's a fox after all.' he thought still thinking about Keiwa's naive gullibility which cost him the Boost Buckle. "Alright, Tohka want to go somehwere else?" asked Shido with Tohka giving him a wordless nod. "Alright then..." whispered Shido as he took Tohka's hand and began to walk.

-Raizen High rooftop-

"Shido...is it okay for me to be here? To live in this world?" asked Tohka clearly nervous and afraid. "Of course! You are alive right!? So it's okay for you to be here! We'll figure out something, a way for you to live normally in this world so please...don't give up hope!" Shido replied while knowing that the AST while watching them and knew Origami would line up for a shot. 'Alright, since i got Zadkiel i'll use it to minimize the damage from the bullet, but i need to make sure the ice is thick enough to completely minizmine the bullet's speed.' thought Shido as he began to formulate a plan.