Episode 4 Part 2: Before the Snow Falls

-the next day after the previous round-

"*sigh* man this is getting irritating..." Shido growled scratching himself while clearly wanting to avoid a date for some reason. "You okay? you look like you've seen shit." said James sitting down next to him. "It's Kotori! she's trying to get me to go on another date with Tohka but i'm just not in the mood for the time being!" groaned Shido angrily.

"Lemme guess...it involves yesterday amirite?" James asked as Shido gave a brisk nod. "I thought as much..." added James making a small nod. "Look, i almost got bitten, nearly risked my ass to gain points and top of that, i had to deal with an omnicidal lunatic!" complained Shido as James sighed. "You want to take a walk? it might help clear your mind, and plus...school's over for today." asked James making a suggestion as Shido brightened up a bit and nodded.

-a few minutes of walking to clear Shido's head later...-

"Got it out if your system yet?" James asked as Shido made a nod. "Good, last thing i want is you in a bad mood in the next round. So let's keep walking okay?" added James as Shido just smiled. 'Man, it's good to have him for a friend. I mean he's the only one other than Keiwa to be friendly towards me.' thought Shido with a small smile.

Soon Shido and James accidentally bumped into a certain fox. "Well...i didn't think i'd bump into you both here. Well, time for me to fulfil my OWN promise." mused Ace with a smirk. "What promise? AH! that promise!" said Shido shocked upon remembering the promise Ace made to them: namely...eating pizza at a pizza joint and it was the fox's treat. "Remember what i said? how about i treat you two to a pizza joint after the previous round was over?" asked Ace with a smirk as James and Shido made a nod. "Alright, food and drinks are all on me." added the ever confident and smug man. 'So smug...then he's rich...but the kind of rich that i like.' thought James with a small smirk of his own. 'Honestly...he might be the only guy with an ego with skills to back it up.' thought Shido with a small chuckle.

-the pizza joint (pick any, but i prefer Pizza Hut over anything), in a section of the joint where the three can talk without others hearing them-

"Alright, we made our orders. But seriously...four cheese and plain cheeseburger pizzas? nice. i too love such simple classics." Ace commented with a chuckle. "Yeah. i mean you also ordered spaghetti bolongese! that's my personal favorite pasta!" added James with a laugh. "And we ordered four of said two pizza flavours (two four cheeses and two plain cheeseburgers). man i'm loving this day already!" chuckled Shido with a smile. "The waiter said it will take 1 hour and 30 minutes for our orders to be given. So...let's talk about the previous round and the next round shall we?" mused Ace before asking the two in a serious manner.

"Alright, who's first?" Ace asked with a small smirk. "I'll go first." growled Shido taking a deep breath. "Okay...first off, i'm kinda thankful that you introduced me to the DGP where i can get my ideal world granted...but is it really that necessary for us to put our lives on the line for a single wish? even the most diabolical ones?" Shido began clearly stressed. "Yes, did you forget what we all said in the previous round?" asked Ace with a raised eyebrow. "No! but...some people can die like those with families like Mr. Taira...and those who have friends...do we really have to fight for our desires?" asked Shido clearly distraught. "I'm gonna have to side with Ace on this one Shido...but sadly we have to fight, you can't expect for your desire to be handed to you on a silver platter! people always fought for their desires whether it's good or bad. sometimes we have to fight for what we want, or it will never come true." said James as Shido sighed sadly as he knew his friend was sadly right.

"You're both right...even so...it still stinks...the previous round had us deal with Kanato who gave me such a headache and Neon's suffering which made me feel so sad for her...and i don't what kind of round the DGP will throw us next! i'm so...scared...scared of dying and being forgotten...for once in my life...i clearly regret my choices but i've dug too deep to turn back...guess i'll see it through the end..." Shido muttered clearly in despair but deciding to see it to the bitter end. "There there buddy..." said James comforting a despairing yet resolute Shido who smiled in return. "Thanks...buddy." thanked the time travelling blunette as James smiled in return.