|2| Different

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I like your eyes, they're pretty"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why are you home so late?! And why were you with so many guys?" Upon entering their small apartment, all Raejin heard was the sounds of her older brother's distress

"I was with some friends and their friends, that's all" She shrugged and walked to her bedroom to change out of her school's uniform.

"But they were all guys! What were their names?!" He threw his hands in the air exasperatedly.

"Sunoo, Riki, and Jungwon. And their friends were Heeseung, Jay, Jake, and Sunghoon. Happy?" She shut the door on his face, finally being able to catch a moment's peace.

"Well I don't want you hanging out with a bunch of boys, it's not safe for a young girl your age!" He scolded. She could hear his footsteps receding, causing her to not even attempt a reply.

 She could hear his footsteps receding, causing her to not even attempt a reply

"That Raejin girl," Riki started. "She's kinda cool"

"Yea, I like her," Sunoo replied.

"Me too, she just kinda seems...different, you know?" Jungwon looked at the other two, who nodded in agreement.

"She's definitely different," Heeseung joined their conversation. "It's weird"

"She's unlike anyone we've come across before, that's for certain" Jake thought aloud.

"I could tell somethings off with her" Sunghoon shook his head, not knowing for sure what he meant.

"I'm glad it wasn't just me, I thought I was going crazy" Jay chuckled.

It was true, the seven of them agreed that Raejin was a distinct individual. The moment she spoke to Sunoo in the hallways, he sensed something special about her. It was an unfamiliar feeling though, so he brushed it off not knowing what else to do. As soon as the others walked into the classroom, they could tell there was an unfamiliar aura surrounding her.

Upon entering the woods, the seven boys headed towards the small but comfy home they all shared. And only one thing was consuming each of their minds : Choi Raejin.

"Good morning!" Jungwon greeted Raejin at the entrance of the school gates, to which she responded by pushing him away

"Oh, sorry" He looked disappointed, thinking that she didn't like him.

Looking over her shoulder Raejin replied, "No, I'm really sorry, I just didn't want my brother to see me with you. He would've killed you the second he saw us"

"Oh, ok" He pressed his lips into a thin line, indicating he understood.

"Ok he's gone" She laughed breathlessly for a moment, making Jungwon crack a smile of his own.

The two began talking as they walked into the school, heading straight for their lockers.

"Morning," Riki walked over, greeting them.

"Hey" Raejin smiled.

"Whatcha doin'?" He leaned against the lockers.

"Getting my books? What does it look like I'm doing?" She almost laughed, rendering the poor boy speechless.

"We should head to class early today" Jungwon interrupted the two.

"Yea, let's go" Riki agreed, starting in the direction of the classroom.

"Raejin, sit here today!" Jungwon raced to a seat that was, once again, in the very back of the class.

"Ok" She shrugged and placed her things down at the seats.

As the trio were conversing, they almost failed to notice Jake walk into the room.

"Hey," He greeted. It was one of the first times Raejin heard him speak.

"Hey" She smiled, hoping he would be less quiet.

"I'm Jake, you're Raejin, right?" He sat on the desk in front of her, turning around to face her.

"Yea, I remember you from yesterday" She acknowledged their short meeting from yesterday. "You were pretty quiet"

"Sorry, I just wasn't expecting Sunoo to get the new girl before I did" Jake gave her a playful smile, to which her ears slightly reddened.

"Speak of the devil," Riki gestured towards the door, where the remaining four entered, engaged in their own conversation.

"Good morning!" Sunoo approached Raejin, sitting at the same desk as Riki.

"Good morning," She greeted him quickly, before diverting her attention to Heeseung, Jay, and Sunghoon, who were already staring holes into her soul.

"Good morning," She gave them all a small smile, which surprised them all to say the least, especially after how they had acted toward her yesterday.

"Hi," Heeseung simply replied. He immediately made his way to a seat, followed by the other two.

Raejin sighed, realizing that those three were more difficult than she thought.

"You're Sunghoon, right? I like your eyes, they're pretty" She complimented the attractive guy, who had surprise written all over his face.

"Thanks" He replied coldly.

"Wowww after everything I've done to help you in the past few days, you flirt with Sunghoon right in front of me? Nasty" Sunoo faked a tone of being offended, turning away from the others and making them laugh.

"She's already taken a liking to Sunghoon, and it's barely been a few days," Jungwon half joked. He was almost feeling jealous, which he didn't think was possible.

"I haven't 'taken a liking' to Sunghoon, I just think he has nice eyes" Raejin defended, earning some unsure glances from the others.

"Whatever, just drop it. The teacher is almost here anyway" Sunghoon huffed, turning in his chair to face the front of the room.