|17| Power Hungry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"you're gonna get hurt without any protection"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Chaewon?!"

They all stared at her in disbelief, a bit of color draining from Raejins face. She might not entirely remember what happened, but from what the boys had told her, seeing Chaewon was enough to have her hands trembling.

"What are you guys doing here? How did you get in?!" Riki questioned them furiously, looking between the five girls who somehow followed them all the way here and penetrated their top-notch security system.

"We followed you all the way here, and you forgot to lock the doors once you got in" The blonde girl said, almost rolling her eyes at how clueless Riki looked.

"Why though?! We settled this decades ago, we're not doing this again" Heeseung stepped forward.

"It's not settled until we win" Chaewon spoke firmly, coming closer with every word she spoke. Raejin watched the whole interaction, surprised at how cold the seven of them looked. It was like if you touched them you would turn to ice.

"We want Raejin," The other blonde one said. She looked brattier than ever, even more than the last time they saw her.

"You're funny, Yunjin. If any of you think you're getting her back then I would turn around right now. It didn't happen then, and it sure as fuck isn't happening now" Sunoo rolled his eyes and turned away from Yunjin, who was also rolling her eyes.

"We just want our friend back, is that so hard to ask?" The first blonde one asked. Everyone could tell it was sarcastic though.

"Shut up Eunchae, you were the most jealous of Raejin" Sunghoon spat out, stepping closer to Raejin.

"Shut up Sunghoon, at least I have powers" The girl retorted with a cocky smirk. Sunghoons jaw clenched, and if it weren't for Jake speaking up, he didn't know what he would've said to her.

"Why do you guys even want Raejin? We're all happy, and this was settled decades ago like Heeseung said. There's no reason you guys should be here now"

"Yea, the world is a lot different now. We're some of the only ones left with powers anyways, and people would think we're psychotic if we used them. It's useless" Jungwon agreed with Jake, trying to convince the five girls to leave.

"It might be different, but with Raejins powers we could change that" The blue haired one, Sakura finally spoke up.

"With the strength of Raejins powers, we could power a whole army. We would bring things back to how they were, with us leading the kingdom" Chaewon smirked, getting closer to Raejin. Sunghoon snaked a protective arm around her waist, pulling her closer to himself.

"Is that a nice way of saying you're a power hungry narcissist who can't do anything on her own?" Jay teased her, but not in the normal endearing way. It was more of an attempt at belittling her and making her feel as terrible as she really was.

Chaewons gaze darkened as she got closer to Jay, pointing her finger at his chest.

"Listen, Jay. You do not get to talk to me like that. Understand?!" She shoved her pointer finger into him, the force of her powers sending him stumbling backwards and hitting the ground hard.

"Jay!" Raejin ran over to him and helped him sit up. "What's your issue?!"

"She already said it! We need your powers, Choi" Kazuha said, rolling her eyes after repeating what was already said.

"None of you are laying a finger on any of us. Especially not Raejin" Heeseung spoke through clenched teeth, helping Jay off the ground and to his feet.

"Really? Because last time I laid a finger on one of you, he needed assistance getting off the ground" Chaewon smirked, making eye contact with Jay, who was just about this close to telling Jake to set the whole place on fire. He would, but then the altar would get destroyed and Raejin wouldn't have her powers back.

The arguing went back and forth for a while, until it was taken so far that almost all of them were attacking each other with their respective abilities. All except Sunghoon and Raejin.

"Come here" Sunghoon whispered, taking Raejins hand and pulling her out of the fight. He pulled her closer to the altar, ducking down so no one could see them.

"You need to get on that right now. Otherwise, it might never work" He helped her lay down. He was about to walk away, until she grabbed his arm preventing him from doing so.

"Come with me, please. They're gonna need your help, and you're gonna get hurt without any protection" She pleaded, using the biggest puppy eyes she could. She knew it was dumb, but he really needed to do this with her.

He was about to deny, knowing that anything could go wrong and that it would put both of them in danger. Especially Raejin. But after looking back and forth between the pretty girl holding his hand, his six best friends who were seemingly struggling to hold off the others, and the five girls he despised so much, he made up his mind.

"Ok, move over"