|15| "New" Friends

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you think it'll work if you go on the altar with me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't know, I'm sure we've met before but I don't remember when" Raejin smiled at her "new" friend, as they both exited the bathrooms.

"Yea, you seem so familiar but I don't know why!" Chaewon agreed. She looked ahead of her to see the seven faces she wanted to see the most.

"Chaewon," Jay seethed. She looked at him and smiled, trying to taunt him.

"You guys know each other?" Raejin asked. She looked between the two trying to get an answer.

"Raejin, we need to go. Now" Sunghoon grabbed her hand and pulled her away, glaring at the other girl.

"Why, what's wrong?"

"We'll tell you on the train, but we really have to get out of here" Riki said, grabbing her other hand. The other five were walking behind her, making it look like they were her bodyguards. They quickly boarded the next train, looking around anxiously to make sure they weren't followed.

"Why do you guys look so on edge? And why did you drag me away from Chaewon, we were trying to see if we remembered each other" Raejin complained, the look of displeasure evident on her face.

"Raejin, Chaewon was one of your friends that tried to kill you" Heeseung informed her, trying to show how important it is that she keeps her distance. The color drained from her face and her eyes widened. "What?!"

"Yea, that's why we needed to get you out of there so quickly! Until you have your powers back it's dangerous for you to be around her" Jake sighed, patting Raejin back.

"How am I supposed to get my powers back?"

"The altar" Jungwon whispered so no one would hear him. "We need to get you to the altar by tonight. There's a full moon out tonight and if we get you to the altar by the time the moon rises, you could get your powers back and have a way to defend yourself against Chaewon and the others"

"By tonight? What time is it now?"

"8 am" Sunoo looked at his phone. "We've been traveling for 9 hours"

"Damn! It doesn't feel like that long"

"You slept for most of the time, that's why" Jake teased. Raejin rolled her eyes and laughed, not being able to defend herself from the truth.

"So how much longer until we get there?" She asked.

"We should be at the next station by 10 am, then we have to go by foot through the town and to a building on the very edge of the town. Then we have to go to the basement of that building and the altar should be there" Jay smiled. He made the trip sound easy, when in reality it might be one of the biggest challenges Raejin has to face.

...

"Finally, we're here!" Sunoo smiled as they exited the station.

"Ew, it's so bright out here" Riki shielded his face from the sun with his hand, squinting at the bright light.

"Give us some shade then," Heeseung replied. Riki nodded and soon enough, they all had plenty of shade.

"How did you do that?!" Raejin looked at him amazed.

"Powers, cutie" He joked, making Raejins face flush a light red shade.

"Shut up, Riki, it's not the time for that" Sunghoon laughed, seeing how flustered Raejin got.

"Yea Riki, not the time" She teased. "So how long are we gonna walk for?"

"It should only take an hour-"

"An hour?! You're telling me none of you can teleport there?"

"Technically I could, but if we use our powers then they'll be able to track us easier because of all the energy it takes," Jungwon said.

"But didn't Riki just use his?"

"Yea, but mine are different. All their powers use light energy, but I use dark. Except for Sunghoon, we don't know what he has"

They all started walking and Raejin looked at Sunghoon, who seemed to be bothered by what Riki had said. 

"You good?" She asked quietly, so only he could hear. He nodded and smiled, replying, "Yea, it's just annoying being the only one without a power"

"Do you think it'll work if you go on the altar with me?"

He laughed. "It's been centuries, I doubt it"

She nodded disappointedly, wishing there was a way to give him his power back.