|5| Arcade

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Were you jealous earlier, when that guy gave me his number?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, how's school been so far?" Soobin asked as he gave Raejin her bowl of instant ramen

"It's been pretty good, the classes aren't hard and the teachers aren't bad either," She shrugged.

"Did you make any friends?"

"Yea, I have a few" She didn't want to go into too much detail, knowing that Soobin wouldn't be too pleased if she was friends with only boys so far.

"Damn, I feel bad for them" He replied, causing Raejin to hit his arm.

"Oh shut up, they love me" She rolled her eyes and thought about what had happened with Sunghoon the day before. She didn't know what it was, but it felt so right. She just really hoped he hadn't told anyone.

...

"Sunghoon," Jake started. "Why did you and Raejin come into class so long after us yesterday?"

He thought for a moment before replying, "She needed help finding the bathrooms on the third floor so I showed her where they were"

"Why you though, you never talk to her?" Jay pointed out. The six of them were starting to get suspicious of Sunghoon, knowing that he was trying his best to avoid her.

"I don't know, I guess we were both falling behind the rest of you so she asked me and I didn't wanna be rude" He shrugged, and the rest of them nodded. They seemed to believe him, for now at least.

It's been over a week since the situation with Sunghoon, and now the two of them were talking more than ever

It's been over a week since the situation with Sunghoon, and now the two of them were talking more than ever. He would constantly meet her at her lockers in the morning and sit next to her in class as well.

She was also getting closer with the other members, even Jay. He decided that it couldn't hurt to talk to her, and he was really glad he did. He realized how funny and kind she was, even after he had ignored her existence for a good few weeks. He was still a bit wary of her but for now, everything was going well.

The eight of them had turned into their own friend group, with Raejin feeling like she had known the seven of them her entire life. They felt like that as well, like Raejin was an old friend of theirs.

"Hey, Raejin!" Sunoo walked up behind her in the school hallway.

"Yea?" She stopped walking so he could catch up to her.

"Do you want to go to the arcade with me this weekend?" He asked. She thought for a minute before agreeing, causing Sunoo to smile.

"Ok! I'll pick you up around five" he said and she nodded, walking into her next class.

Raejin spent almost an hour getting ready before Sunoo came to pick her up. She finished just in time to hear him knock at the front door of her apartment.

"Raejin, can you get the door?" Her brother yelled from his bedroom.

"Yea, I'm going to the mall with one of my friends, I'll be back by 10!" She yelled back. She put her phone in the back pocket of her jeans and answered the door.

"Hey" Sunoo smiled. "You look really good!"

"Thank you, you do t- wait, how did you know where I lived?!" She widened her eyes, realizing she had never given him the number of her apartment.

"Ohh, I looked it up on the school website. Don't worry, I'm not a stalker" He laughed as she huffed a sigh of relief.

"Now that you know I'm not a stalker, let's go to the arcade" Sunoo grabbed her hand and dragged her down the crowded streets and to the arcade. As they walked into the arcade, they went to the front desk to get cards to play the games.

"Hi, two cards please!" Raejin smiled at the employee who had already been staring her down as soon as she and Sunoo walked in.

"Alright, here you go," He handed her both of the cards, making sure to slip a piece of paper into her hand with his number written on it.

"Oh, what's this?" She asked him. He was smirking at her as he said, "My number, text me when you're bored"

She placed the piece of paper back onto the desk. She was about to say something, before Sunoo cut her off.

"She won't be needing that, thank you. She already has me whenever she's bored, she doesn't need some hobo with a low-paying job to bore her even further. Thanks for the offer though!" Sunoo smiled sarcastically as he wrapped his arm around Raejin and walked away.

They went over to countless games, Raejin winning over Sunoo almost every time. Eventually, they found themselves playing air hockey in a corner of the arcade.

"Hey Sunoo?" She spoke up, getting distracted from the game.

"Yes! I finally won! But yea, what is it?" He celebrated, but quickly calmed down to hear what she had to say.

"Were you jealous earlier, when that guy gave me his number?" She teased him.

"No! I was just...Helping you!" His face turned a light shade of red, causing Raejin to laugh. "So you were!"

"Whatever, it's getting dark, I'll walk you home" Sunoo quickly changed the subject, not wanting to embarrass himself even further. Raejin didn't stop though, and the entire time he walked her home she was teasing him nonstop.

"You were so jealous, I could see it on your face," She laughed as they walked up to the door of her apartment.

"Actually, I wasn't" He finally spoke up.

"Yea right, you were fuming with jealousy"

"Maybe in the moment, but now I know that I have something that he doesn't" Sunoo stepped closer to her, as she responded "And what exactly is that?"

"This" He leaned in and pecked her lips, quickly pulling away.

"Bye Raejin, I'll see you at school!" He waved and quickly entered the elevator, leaving Raejin standing in the hallway. She eventually walked into her apartment, going straight into her room and laying on her bed, not knowing what to think. What was she supposed to do knowing that two really cute guys had kissed her, just over a week apart? And on top of that, they were really close friends. It felt so wrong, but at the same time, she knew it was right.