|10| Late Night Cereal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Can I kiss you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Can I kiss you?" The words rang through her ears like her favorite song, re-playing as if she'd never hear it again. His voice was sweet and soft, a beautiful contrast from his loud and confident voice that would echo through the hallways at school. She was so mesmerized that she forgot to answer, only deepening the shade of red that was already present on her cheeks.

"Raejin? It's ok if you don't want to..." He trailed off, the sound of disappointment evident in his tone.

"Of course you can," She finally answered.

The taller boy placed his hand on the back of her head, smiling into the kiss. Her taste flooded his mouth, making him feel insane for wanting more of what he was already getting. He was in love with the taste, but it was almost nothing compared to the feeling she gave him. His heart was racing, and it felt like fireworks were exploding throughout his body. His mind was cloudy, and the only thing that made sense to him was Choi Raejin herself.

He felt almost empty when she broke the kiss, but he understood her need for breathing. Mortals.

"That was better than any birthday gift I could've received" She smiled.

"Better than the ice cream?" Riki joked, pulling her into a hug.

"Actually...no. Not better than the ice cream, but it was good"

"Hey, rude" He pulled out of the hug, acting all hurt and offended.

"I'm joking, I swear!" She defended herself, hugging him once more.

"Fine, fine. We shouldn't tell anyone about this, though. They might get jealous" He warned, only being half serious. He was gonna rub this in their faces every chance he got.

"I won't, it would be awkward to say 'Hey guys I kissed Riki on my birthday' to them anyway" Riki laughed at her impression of her own voice.

"I'm gonna go in now, my brother probably got me something for my birthday" She smiled once again, about to go into her apartment- for real this time.