|3| Study Buddies

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Now I understand why they're all over you"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, Heeseung?" Raejin ran up to him in the hallway.

It had already been almost a full school week, yet she still hadn't talked much to him.

"Huh?" He looked down at the shorter girl, wondering why she would attempt a conversation.

"I was wondering if you wanted to meet up at the cafe after school? I need some help with the homework, and you're top of the class sooo..." She trailed off, not having anything else to say.

Heeseung hesitated for a minute before muttering, "Sure, I'll meet you at the gates after school. We can walk there together"

"Ok, thanks" She smiled and walked away.

"Raejin" Heeseung called after her, who seemed to be looking for him

"Hey" She greeted as they began walking.

"Hi" He didn't even spare a glance at her.

The walk to the cafe was mostly silent, apart from some leaves cracking as they walked. Soon enough they reached the cafe, taking a seat right near the window. The waiter came over and took their order. They took out their math books, and Raejin showed Heeseung the equation she was having trouble with. After trying to help her and noticing that she had corrected a few of his mistakes, he finally realized something was wrong.

"Raejin, why did you actually want me to come here with you?" He shut the notebook.

"I needed help with this" She tried her hardest to sound convincing, realizing that he had finally figured out that she didn't really need help.

Heeseung just sat there, searching for the answers in Raejins greenish-hazel eyes.

After seeing that he wasn't messing around she finally explained, "Ok, fine, I didn't need help. I just wanted to know you, you know? I've kinda gotten to know Jake, Sunoo, Riki, and Jungwon, but you Jay and Sunghoon barely even look at me. So I just wanted to know why,"

Heeseung nodded, thinking of a response.

"The seven of us have known each other for a while, so I guess it was just weird to me Jay and Sunghoon that as soon as there's a new girl, they were all over you. It's not even like there's never been a new girl at our school. I guess you're just different. But honestly I don't mind you, you're nice and from what I've seen you're funny and easy to get along with. Now I understand why they're all over you" He smirked towards the end, causing the younger girl to become flustered.

"Oh, ok. And thank you," She awkwardly replied.

Heeseung just smiled and began packing his things, with Raejin following suit. They eventually left the cafe, talking about random things like school and the other guys. Heeseung had decided to walk her home, as it was getting dark and she lived a while away from the cafe.

"Thank you again" Raejin smiled as they walked into the apartment building.

"Of course, I would've walked you home even if it wasn't getting dark" He winked, making her laugh.

"Do you always flirt this much?"

"No, but see what I mean? Now I really know what they mean by you're different. I never flirt with girls, but look at me now!" They both laughed harder than before.

"Ok, ok, I have to get home before my brother throws a fit" Raejin calmed down.

"Ok, fine. I'll see you at school tomorrow" He waved as he walked out of the building, leaving Raejin with a smile on her face.