|13.3| Past Life

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's cool, until you remember how dangerous it still is for you,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you believe in vampires?"

"What the fuck kind of question is that?" She raised an eyebrow and looked around at the seven of them, who looked borderline scared.

"Why do you guys look like that?"

"Offensive?!" Sunoo gasped, making Raejin roll her eyes and smile.

"But seriously, do you?" Sunghoon looked into her eyes, and she swore she could feel her heartbeat out of her chest. His dark blue eyes were piercing into her soul, it was enough to make her voice shaky. "I...uhm I don't know..."

"Raejin, you don't need to be nervous, it's just us," Jake smiled at her. She returned it, but it didn't reach her eyes.

"I know, it's just...Vampires?" She was talking quietly, having trouble processing what was going on.

"We should probably explain it better" Jake scratched the back of his neck. Raejin nodded and Jay started explaining everything that had happened in the past...few centuries.

"Ok, so from the very beginning we were all bound to each other by blood, like some sort of soul mates bond. It's not all eight of us though, it's just that us seven are bound to you. Then there was this group of people in the kingdom that got jealous of all of our powers, especially yours, which was mind control. So they decided to gather up all of their strength and power and try to overthrow us so they could rule the kingdom. At some point during the fight though, their leader injured you so badly that you went into a coma-"

"I was in a coma?!" Raejin yelled. The seven vampires looked at her with wide eyes, wondering how that was what caught her attention.

"So that's what concerns you? That you were in a coma? Not that we're basically soulmates, or that you had powers, or that we're soulmates?!" Riki yelled half jokingly. They were really astonished at how that's what she gathered from Jay's whole explanation.

"No, its weird. I remembered that stuff, I remembered everything up until the part where I got put into a coma-"

"So you do remember?!" Sunoo gasped happily. Raejin smiled and nodded, almost getting emotional remembering her past with the boys.

"I remember... I remember everything, down to when me and Riki snuck out without the rest of you" Her teary eyes curved into crescents when her smile widened, seeing how they all reacted.

She had never seen them so happy, and this was the happiest she felt in a while. They all crowded onto the couch, reminiscing their past and showering Raejin with all the affection they couldn't give her in the past.

"Wait, so what happened after I went into a coma?"

"We had three choices. Let you live like that for the rest of eternity, with close to a 0% chance of you waking up, we let you get you powers taken then you die, or our best choice was to have you sent years into the future, where we would have to wait centuries to see you again" Heeseung told her. Her lips parted, but she just nodded.

"The worst centuries of my life, but I'd do it all over again for you, Jinnie" Jake smiled.

"Jinnie?" Raejin almost laughed at the cute nickname, finding it adorable how it fell past his lips.

"I thought you said you remember everything? We would all always call you Jinnie back then, it was cute and it suited you" Jungwon smiled, and Raejin just blushed. They all cooed over her cuteness, making the light pink shade on her cheeks deepen.

"Ok ok stop it before I go home!" she laughed. "Wait, speaking of that, did we know Soobin back then too?"

"Wow, you really lied when you said you remembered everything," Sunghoon teased. Raejin hit his shoulder and he continued.

"Soobin was like a night or a bodyguard for us, but mostly you. You were like a treasure of some sort, and if you weren't protected, you would've been in a lot more danger than what you already were. But when all that stuff happened and we needed to send you to the future, someone needed to go with you to protect you in this life. We decided Soobin would do the best at that, especially since none of us could go and we knew he would take good care of you. He doesn't remember any of it though, at least not right now"

"I really lived an entire other life before this one...That's so cool!"

"It's cool, until you remember how dangerous it still is for you," Heeseung sighed. She looked at him curiously, wondering why he seemed so gloomy.

"The main dangers that were following you, including the reason why we needed to send you to the future...they're still after you" Jungwon explained.

"Wait, so am I in danger?!"

"Yea, but we have a plan. We need to get out of here, far away from this town. So we told Soobin that all of us are going on a school trip so you'll text him and tell him more details. We already have a bag for you too, and your cute stuffed animal" 

Riki smiled proudly towards the end, holding the stuffed animal and handing it to Raejin. She blushed out of embarrassment and took it, hiding it in her lap.

"So, what's the plan?"