|13.2| School Trip

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What happened?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I fucked up..."

"You killed her?!" Sunoo screamed, coming closer to Raejin and cupping her face in his hands.

"No! She's still breathing, she's just unconscious!"

"Oh yea, so much better. How the fuck did it happen?!" Riki yelled. Jake was looking at the six of them, not knowing how to explain what had happened. He walked into their living room and gently placed Raejin on the couch. He sat by her un-moving body, guilt dripping from his gaze.

"This is just great timing too," Jungwon rolled his eyes, drawing the attention of the blond boy.

"Why?"

"She could be in danger now that she's with us, and her being unconscious makes it a lot harder for her to avoid it"

"Avoid what?!"

"Take a wild fucking guess" Sunghoon rolled his his eyes.

"Wait...They're back?!" Jake stood up from the couch and covered his mouth, not believing what they were telling him.

"We all knew it was gonna happen, but the waves got stronger earlier right after you left" Jungwon frowned. It was true, they knew it would happen. But they didn't think it would come so soon.

"Do they know where we are?"

"Not exactly, but they know what town we're in. We're better off leaving and taking Raejin to a safe place away from here where they can't find her. We should also see if she still has powers and we need to train her in case they do find her" Heeseung suggested. They all nodded, thinking of how they could execute the plan.

"Wait, there's no way we could get her away from here. Her older brother would never allow that" Jay rolled his eyes.

"Soobin? Yea, apparently he's pretty protective of her" Jungwon smiled. He recalled the time a few months ago when he tried to greet her at the school gates, but she pushed him away so Soobin wouldn't see them. She looked cute all worked up like that.

"We need to convince him to let her come with us..."

"Thank you, Sunoo, I had no idea!" Sunghoon smiled sarcastically, rolling his eyes at Sunoo.

"Sorry" Sunoo rolled his eyes.

"Wait guys, I have an idea!" Riki smiled. The others looked at him and nodded, signaling him to continue.

...

"A school trip? Why didn't she tell me though?" Soobin furrowed his eyebrows.

"She asked if we could tell you while she gets some supplies," Riki smiled. He was trying to convince Soobin to let Raejin go on this 'trip', but it was hard to do when there was no trip.

"What kind of supplies does she need?"

"Uhm...a blanket incase it gets cold at night"

"And she said she needs a flashlight and batteries," Heeseung added.

"Where did she get the money for that?"

"The school gave the students a budget to buy whatever they needed for the trip," Heeseung explained. He and Riki smiled at Soobin, who still seemed a bit wary but nodded anyway.

"Ok, when will she be back?"

"She can stay however long she wants, so she'll just text you when she's gonna come home"

"Ok, and she's gonna be with you guys?"

"So many questions," Riki mumbled. Heeseung nudged him hard, trying to get him to shut up.

"Yea, she'll be with us and five other people in our group, plus the other groups and teachers"

"Ok, just tell her to text me" Soobin shrugged, and Heeseung and Riki started walking away. "Wait!"

Heeseung and Riki came back to the apartment door and waited for Soobin to come back out.

"Just give this to her, ok?" He handed Heeseung a shopping bag with something inside. He nodded and Soobin thanked him, finally walking back into the apartment.

"What is it?" Riki leaned over and tried to see what was so important that Soobin had to hold him up longer than he wanted. Heeseung looked inside the bag and smiled wide, showing Riki the cute stuffed toy.

"It's a baby chick, that's adorable" Riki smiled. They didn't realize Raejin was the type to still sleep with stuffed animals, but they found it really cute.

...

"We're back!" Riki practically yelled, running over to Raejin with the bag Soobin had given him. The others looked confused, but watched in amusement as they saw what Riki was doing. He took the stuffed chick out of the bag and placed it into Raejins arms, smiling wide when he was done.

"What's that?" Jake asked.

"When we told her brother about the school trip he was ok with it, and he told us to give that to her," Heeseung explained.

The seven of them talked for a while, trying to figure out how they would keep Raejin safe from the danger that was quickly approaching.

"Wait guys shut the fuck up she's waking up" Sunghoon shushed all of them and sat beside Raejin. She started moving a bit and rubbing her eyes, before she sat up and looked around.

"Woah" She blinked quickly, trying to adjust to the lighting in the room. She put her hand on her head and winced in pain, feeling the effects of hitting her head on the rock.

She gasped and her eyes widened as she remembered what had happened. She scooted back on the couch, attempting to distance herself as much as possible from the seven vampires who were staring her down. She locked eyes with Jake, who still looked extremely guilty.

"What happened?!"

"Ok before we explain everything, promise you won't freak out?" Sunghoon sat a bit closer to her, even though he was still on the floor near the couch. She looked at him with a scared expression, but nodded anyway.

"Do you believe in vampires?"