십 10

_______

"What should i make for dinner?" Yeonjun suddenly asked, as the two hardly just finished unpacking everything.
Beomgyu was really satisfied with the food choices too, he picked out things that he loved to eat and Yeonjun didn't even question it one bit although he was fairly concerned with the boys' bland choice of foods.

Beomgyu raised an eyebrow and hesitantly took a seat on the couch, to which Yeonjun stared at him and sat on the other side- leaving much space as he sat at the far end. "It's only 2:00pm..?"

Yeonjun glanced at him and shook his head before grabbing the tv remote, turning the tv on and scrolling through the channels. "I like to be prepared, like if there's something you want me to make.. i'll make sure it's all ready."

Beomgyu smiled to himself and looked towards the tv in front of them. "Wow it's like i have a personal chef... Ill think about it." Yeonjun looked over at him with a smile on his face as well and that's when Beomgyu hid the smile, turning his face serious. He wasn't sure why but he felt the need to show the boy that he wasn't happy.

Yeonjun noticed but decided to stay quiet and eventually decided on a show.

The silence was surprisingly peaceful, also Beomgyu didn't care much because he was too distracted by this dating show. One that he would never usually be interested in.

At least 20 minutes in, Yeonjuns phone started ringing. Beomgyu payed no attention to it, thinking that the boy would walk away to answer it but no. He answered the phone right then and there, he didn't even pause the show !

What- does he have no manners or something???

Beomgyu internally rolled his eyes and tried to focus on the tv, but also listened to Yeonjuns conversation.

"What's up??" .... "why?- right now seriously?" "I have company." .... "what how do you know?- ugh okay whatever just don't be weird- okay bye."

Beomgyu sort of guessed what kind of conversation Yeonjun was having already, but he was still curious about who it was- he really couldn't hide his curiosity. Yeonjun seeming to notice this, he set the phone down on the coffee table and gave the other a small smile. "My bad, i didnt mean to be rude. It's just- my really good friend wants to visit. Obviously, i wont force you to stay down here.. But he's chill so it's really up to you~" He said nicely and then focused back on the tv show.

Meanwhile, Beomgyu was genuinely contemplating if he should stay to hang out or not. It could be a good thing, as he was pretty curious about who Yeonjuns friend was. But also he could feel the awkwardness coming already. Which he hated.
But he had came to the conclusion that he had nothing better to do anyways- so might as well just hangout unless it gets unbareable of course.

After the whole episode was over, and Beomgyu was fully invested in the current third wheel that was happening-- thats when they eventually heard the doorbell chime.

Beomgyu only glanced towards the door when he saw Yeonjun walk over to the door and answer it, exchanging a few small words with the mysterious person. At this point, the curiosity was nearly killing him.

______________

"Beomgyu this is my bestfriend, Kang Taehyun. Tae, this is beomgyu, aka the 'prince' who you know well of~"

Beomgyu was about to politely greet the guest, he even stood up and was mid bow when he froze.
'kang taehyun?.. isn't that-' he thought to himself, confused to say the least. But also this whole thing seemed to be piecing together now. In the book Taehyun was Yeonjuns lover, obviously.. But now he apparently switched to be in the best friend role and Beomgyu was in Taehyuns position. Which was weird to even think of because now he was going to end up with Yeonjun?? Which didn't sound incredbly horrible but.. definitely not ideal.