14 - Double - Bogey

Trigger warning ⚠️

this book contains references to themes of self-harm, suicide, mental issues, etc. which some readers may find distressing.

________________

"Uno, Wag kang delusional diyan. You just made her a matcha drink. You're still not close with her. Ang bagal mo nang gumalaw eh."

Napataas ang kilay ko sa sinabi sakin ni Nicholas.

We're now here at our country club golf course and syempre nag-golf kami, ano pa ba ang gagawin namin sa golf course mag babasket ball?

He invited me to play golf on a Saturday morning since he wanted an update about our secret operation towards Eleanor.

Dapat nga sana ay isasama namin sila Pyke kaso busy silang lahat sa school shits.

"I'm not delusional, at hindi rin ako mabagal gumalaw."

Or maybe I am...

But I replied that anyway, sipping on my e-cigarettes, then blowing the smoke out before putting it back to my pocket.

Yes, the lame e-cigarettes.

I lessen my smoking since the woman I unfortunately live with was sensitive to smoke dahil hindi lang pala ugali niya ang maarte, pati rin kalusugan niya Tska ayaw daw niya ng amoy, kahit na sa back yard naman ako palagi para hindi siya na dadamay ay naamoy parin daw niya kinabukasan.

Kaya wala na akong choice.

And I guess I really need to quit smoking... and I'm trying, kaya lumipat muna ko sa e-cigarettes, hoping that one day mag sasawa narin ako dito at hindi na ako maninigarilyo in general since both vaping and cigars are harmful.

But I can't just quit. It's not something that you can do with a snap of a finger.

Babysteps...

Also, they don't allow cigarettes here, and even my expensive cigars are not allowed in this golf course.

Anyway, what I just said was true. I think Eleanor and I's relationship is improving well, but not in a sense that is romantic. It was like we housemates in our college dorms.

I really try my best to go talk to her from time to time, and I lessen my gigs just so I could sleep, and wake up early to catch her doing her morning jog around our subdivision before school. And go cook her breakfast so she could eat after her jog.

I could tell she was also loosining up, hindi na siya ganon ka taray at cold saakin, but still maarte parin siya.

At kung trutuhin ako minsan ay parang katulong ako o yaya niya.

But it was okay. It was like I had an evil and bossy housemate that I needed to tolerate just so I could finish college.

I angled myself, fixing the posture of my back as well as my arms while gripping my golf club, when I knew it was perfect for me to hit the golf ball that was placed in front.

I swung my arm, letting out a perfect amount of force.

Saktong sakto ang lahat ng galaw ko kaya't mas lumapit ang golf ball sa hole kesa kay Nicholas.

I saw how he shook his head as if he knew the ending.

"You better ready, my 100k bro." I laughed hard while teasing him.

Then I angled and positioned myself again to finish our first round of golf. When everything was perfect, I swung my arm lightly enough to get the golf ball on the hole.