CHAPTER IV

The moment we are inside mom's office, I take off my shoes and throw them far away from me. What the fuck did I just hear? I am sure this is just fake news. Zandy would never do that to me. I look at Dineo who is busy making calls and shouting at whoever that she is talking to. I know going public about being Amos's daughter was not the best idea but this is something else all together. I know Alex said he will distance himself from me because of the drama but he loves me, he would never cheat on me. Most of all with my friend. I sit down and mom comes to sit next to me.

"Stop overthinking. I am sure this is just fake news. All those journalists that were there were gunning for us. They are always looking for ways to bring down successful women. Don't let them and don't allow them to come between your personal relationships. I am sure this is all a misunderstanding." She rubs my back. I literally have nothing to say. I don't think I will form a proper thought until I speak to both Alex and Zandi.
My phone beeps somewhere in the room and one of guards hands it to me. There is a new message from Zandile. I open it and I feel my entire world coming to a stop. My mind can't seem to process the words the message contains fast enough.

'I can never apologize enough for what I have done, friend. I have proved to be a terrible friend and I am so sorry. What happened between Alex and I was a one time thing, a moment of weakness and it is something I will always regret. My mom found out and forced me to go and report the pregnancy to the Moore family. You know how mom can be. I am sorry, friend. I wanted to tell you personally before these news reached the media. Please find it in your heart to forgive me and I hope we can move past this.'

Move past what? Move past what, really? There is no moving past this. I literally feel myself start to sweat all over my body. This isn't happening. Not to me. Can someone please just wake me up from this terrible nightmare? Getting up from the couch as if it has burned me, I walk out of mom's office, hardly paying any attention to the people calling after me. Right now my main priority is getting the hell out of here as fast as possible. I can't be in the same space with everyone that is here. By the time the elevator reaches the basement parking lot, Pule is already there, waiting for me. He doesn't ask anything. He just escorts me to the car and drives off the minute I am buckled up.

***

"Are you ready to talk or you will go to sleep without saying anything and maybe we will have a conversation tomorrow?" Gabriel asks and I just stare at him.
He is a friend who also happens to be an ex. I actually didn't know who to turn to until Pule parked outside Gabriel's place. Pule always know what I need even when I don't know. When Gabe saw the state I was in, he just welcomed me with open arms, fetched two bottles of wine from his cellar and drank with me. In less than five hours, we have drank two more bottles and I haven't uttered a single word.

That's another thing about me. I am not very vocal about my suffering. I am the type that suffers in silence rather than venting out my problems. I don't believe in the half shared half solved problem mentality. That's just bullshit and I know that whoever says that, they are just fishing out gossip from you. If a person really cares about you, they won't force you to share. They will wait for you to share at your own time where you feel like you are in a better place to be vulnerable and open.

I shake my head at Gabe and he sighs. "Love, a lot of things have happened to you the past 48 hours. First off, you declared war against the Ntombela family, added fuel by hosting a press conference and having the minister defend you, and now this Zandi-Alex saga. You know I wouldn't force you to speak out but I am worried." Even though his words are slurry, as a sign of how drunk he is, his concern shows.

"We go through. We heal. We move on." I mumble before stumbling to one of the guest bedrooms. I don't even bother taking off my clothes. I just throw my heavy body into the bed. Luckily the wine is in full effect because it doesn't take long for me to doze off.

***
After two days of no contact with other people, expect for Gabriel, I finally decide to crawl out of my rabbit hole and face life head on. I am Thandokuhle Myeni. I don't cower from trouble. When I walk out of the guest bedroom, looking fresh in clothes that Pule brought me, Gabe looks up from the kitchen and gives me a small smile.

"Ready to face the world?" He asks and I nod. I go over and hug him.
"Thanks for letting me crash and thank you for being you." He smiles.

"You know I always have your best interests at heart." He does. One of the reasons why I broke up with him. He is too good for me. Too much of a good guy. I am not saying I want a bad boy, but he was just too good for me. "I hope the Ntombela family doesn't bring drama into your life."
I chuckle. "Why could they possibly do that?"
"In the event that your father decided to step up and leave you something that belonged to him?"

I laugh. "There is no such thing. Besides. I don't want shit from him."
"He owes you though. Big time. So if I were you, should he have left something for me, I would make sure to use that thing however I see fit."
I roll my eyes. "Yeah. This sounds farfetched. Anyways bye."
He smiles. "My door is always open for you. Whenever you feel the walls closing in, just know that I am here." Good guy.

***
I don't bother heading home. Instead, I head straight for work. I greet the employees I meet on my way to my office and the moment my butt hits my chair, Ginni walks in like she was waiting for me. She is this little feisty Indian young lady who blew me off during her interview. She is really good at her job and as short as she is, she is not intimidated by anyone, even the president.

"Good to see you up and running. If it wasn't for Pule, I would've filed a missing person's report." She starts off and I chuckle. "Anyways you are meeting with that designer Justine in 5 minutes. So prepare yourself. Also, I have ordered your breakfast and it will be delivered in 20 minutes. We need to do something about your socials. You have been quiet for too long. It seems shady. You need to clap back with a bitch resting post. How about we take a few pictures here and then post some?" What did I saw about her being good at her job?

"A few pictures won't hurt." She smiles and then walks out. A minute later she comes back with our resident photographer and they start setting up in my office. We take a few pictures and when we are done, I notice a really cute white guy standing near the door. I frown, looking at him. "Can I help you?"

"I am your 10 O'clock, Justine. Well I am Justine but the Home Affairs crew made an error." He shrugs with a small smile. I look at Ginni and she nods.
"Everybody out." She orders and everyone walks out, leaving only her and the designer. "You may sit, Justine. Oww sorry. Justin. This will take time to get used to. Anyways, this is my boss, and the CEO of Fabs & Stitches, Thandokuhle Myeni." We shake hands and then sit down.
"I saw your work and I must say, I was impressed by it. Did you bring any of the complete samples to showcase." I ask and he nods quickly.

"They are in here." He gestures at the big bag he is carrying.
I turn to Ginni. "Get some of the models to put them on and then come show me." She nods and then walks out with Justin. He is really cute. Would be a good distraction. But unfortunately I don't mix business with pleasure.

They come back with the models and I must say, his designs are more beautiful up close. The way he has paid attention to the detail and his unique style. Why did he choose us again? He could've went independent and people would've loved him. When the models leave with Ginni, he sits down opposite me. He looks a little nervous. I study him for a few moments just to keep him squirming. Ginni comes back with the clothes and I sigh.

"You have talent, Justin. Your work speaks for itself. FS would be lucky to have you on board." I state and he smiles widely.
"Thank you so much. I promise you won't regret your decision."
"I hope I don't. I am going to highlight a few details that are in your contract which my PA will give you before you leave. Your brand is still yours. It's just that a part of it will belong to FS since we are putting it out there for you. We will launch your brand via a fashion show which will get word out there to our clients and potential new clients. The hype will be crazy, I know, just don't get caught up in it." One of the workers walk in with my food and I smile. "You will find the rest of the terms on your contract and we will talk after you have signed it."

Ginni hands him the contract and he walks out after thanking us. "Boss, you have a few messages and missed calls from a certain Advocate Lindokuhle Mbatha." I frown. I don't remember doing something to offend anyone, so who would want to sue me? "It's about your father, or Mr. Amos Ntombela."  Great. Just great.