CHAPTER XI

This loud noise wakes me up. I groan, opening my eyes and searching for the source of my misery. Turns out it's my phone. I spot it on the bedside table and retrieve it, answering it in the process.

"Who dares call me this early on a Sunday morning?" I ask in my groggy voice and the caller chuckles.
"Miss Myeni, this is Advocate Mbatha. I need you to come in at my office today by 9 am. There are some documents we need to go over and some of the formalities that we need to sort out before the staff meeting tomorrow at Mahlobo Tech."
I clear my throat, sitting up and immediately realizing my unfamiliar surroundings. Where the fuck am I? A man groans besides me and I nearly jump out of bed. Who the fuck is this? He turns and I see his face. My mind immediately floods with events of last night. I had a one night stand with this fuckin hot man who fucks like he has a lot of experience and has a PhD in pleasing a woman. Question is how am I going to sneak out?

"Are you still there?" Mbatha calls out and I clear my throat.
"Do we really need to do this today? It's the weekend for crying out loud. You should be going to church or spending time with your family since Sunday is for lovers." I answer in a whisper as I quietly climb out of the bed.
He chuckles. "Thando, MT is one of the biggest companies in Africa. Mr. Ntombela worked everyday because that company was his baby and his passion. The employees think that Simo is the new CEO and Director of the company. They need to know about the change in leadership tomorrow at the briefing. The sooner we do this, the sooner you can start your training."
I huff, putting on my wrinkled dress. Versace really ended up on the floor last night, or this morning rather. "We still need to talk about that, but the whole leading a multi billionaire company, that's not me."

"Well either you take it or we turn it into a public company and before you know it, there will be duplicates or counterfeits of MT products all over the world. This is not just your legacy, but your kids' legacy. Don't let your hate or resentment towards Ntombela cloud your judgement. There is a reason why he didn't appoint Simo to be the head while he was well equipped for the position. So I will see you in an hour. I will forward my office address." He hangs up before I say anything. He is pushy.

"Going somewhere?" That voice startles me. I turn to find Will-I-Am leaning on the headboard, starring at me with a smirk on his face.
"Yeah, last night was fun but it's time to go back to reality. Thank you for everything."
He chuckles. "Am I being dismissed right now?"
My eyes pop out and I quickly shake my head. "No. It's not like that. It's just that my life is really messy right now and it is going to take time for it to go smoothly. I don't need distractions, rather casual meet-ups to relieve stress."

He actually laughs. "So I am a stress reliever? Ouch." He feigns heartbreak and before I can answer, he proceeds. "Don't worry. I will find you but just know I am not going to be your booty call." He gets up from the bed. He is still butt naked and my God, he has a beautiful penis. Judge me if you want, I don’t care. He is so handsome. He has tattoos in his arms, chest, one leg and thigh. The sexiest man I have ever slept with. He steps closer to me, almost rendering me boneless. He grabs me before I can move and kisses me. I am fucking tempted to go back to bed and have a repeat of last night’s adventure. "You will be seeing more of me, Love. Anyways, let me drive you home."

"My driver is already outside." My voice comes out as a whisper. His kiss has hypnotized me. No kidding.
He smirks. "Of course. See you soon, mooi meisje."

***

Walking into the Mbatha & Associates building, I am barely hanging on by a thread. Yeah, on the outside, I look and smell like a million dollars but I am so fuckin tired and hungry. I couldn't even have breakfast on my way here because I wasn't hungry at that time but now I am fully famished. I open the Uber Eats app and order enough breakfast to feed Amos's children. I find the PA at the lobby, talking to someone on the phone. When she spots me, she smiles.

"Good morning Miss Myeni. This way please." She leads me to the elevator and I follow her.
"How much does he pay you to work on Sunday?"
She laughs. "A lot. But fortunately I am not married and I live alone. So there is no one complaining about me leaving my warm bed in the odd hours and making sure every document he might need is available."
"So you are a lawyer?"
She nods with a smile. "I passed my board exams and got admitted but I figured long ago in law school that the courtroom wasn't my play ground. No matter how many seasons of How To Get Away With Murder I watched, I just knew I was no Viola Davis and I didn't need that kind of stress entering my life. Also, I love organizing and planning things. I have OCD."

"Mmm. In a way, it makes sense." The elevator opens on the top floor and we step out, walking a few steps and then entering Lindo's office. He is already buried deep in paperwork. He looks up when I walk in.
"Our first official meeting and you showed up? I think I am going to like you. Take a seat." He gestures on the chair opposite him. He is sitting around a huge table which can fit maybe 6 people. It is giving mini boardroom vibes. "Would you like anything to eat or drink?"
I shake my head. "I have already ordered breakfast. It's on its way. You kind of rushed me, so yeah." I shrug and he chuckles. "But I wouldn't mind a glass of water or a whole jug."
"Rough night?"
"You had no idea. Now let's get down to business." I take off my coat and hang it on the chair next to mine.

He hands me documents after documents, some explaining what they pertain and some letting his PA do the honors. It's a lot really. Contracts, rules and policies of the company, code of conduct, intellectual property rights, which companies we work with and which we avoid to mingle with no matter what the circumstances. By the time the lunch hour approaches, my brain is fried and I literally can't take anything in.

"I have already registered you at Varsity College for the Higher Certificate in Mobile Applications and Web Development course. You  will start on July. Then in January, you will enroll for the bachelor of Computer and Information Science Honors which you will do full time. Meaning you will attend full time and only work as the CEO part time. You will have to appoint an acting CEO to help you with your duties. You can pick anyone in the company but not Simo." Lindo states and I sigh.

"What happened between Amos and Simo? This seems all a bit sketchy. He is the supposed new head of the family now that he is gone and he had already resumed the CEO position even before he died. Why not make him CEO? Why choose me? I am completely clueless about Computer Science and it will take me 4 years to be at least as half experienced as he is. Help me understand."

He looks at his PA and she quickly stands up and heads out. "Did you read your letter or even play the video he left you?" I shake my head. I have had enough of Amos to last me for a whole lifetime. So I don't wanna hear his fake ass apologies on a private video. "You should watch the video. Anyways, Ntombela had a fall out with Simo last year. It was very huge and I had to come in just to try and resolve their issues. I don't know if you know, but Simo is engaged to be wed to two different women and one of those women is pregnant."
I gasp. Isgaxa. Ziyabuya kwa Ntombela stru. "He is a womanizer just like his father. What's new?"
"Ntombela wasn't fond of the last fiancé. Not the pregnant one. The second one's name is Esethu. She works or used to work for one of MT's rivals. She used to spy for her former employee via Simo and sell some of MT's new ideas before it has even been implemented. Ntombela found out and when he confronted Simo about it, Simo was too overprotective of the girl. He didn't wanna break up with her and even went to the extent of proposing to her. That pissed off Ntombela and to top it off, Esethu hacked MT and stole a few funds from their account. She stole from the most obvious one which is why she was caught easily. MT has a lot of accounts and even offshore ones. With a company that huge, you can't store the funds in one account."

"So Simo had to the guts to continue dating a thief? Someone who was stealing from his so called family legacy?"
"Simo and Ntombela had a love and hate relationship which included a lot of bickering and clash of opinions. Simo thought he was man enough and somehow tried too hard to prove him wrong, even going by it the wrong way. He is an asshole and people who know the real him can attest to this. Honestly, Ntombela told me that should he die, he would never make Simo his successor. He would rather choose Nozizwe." What a shock. I really wasn't expecting this.