CHAPTER XXXI

I am impressed by the turnout. This is double the numbers we had on our last fashion show and I must say, I am quite impressed. I guess the bad publicity that one has endured these past few weeks has led to something good after all. After taking few snaps on the red carpet, I head inside the venue. It is everything I expected and more. I knew that it would align with our theme and we are definitely using it for our next event. I am served a welcome drink and I know better than to take a sip. I have been way too trusting these days and that stops now. With two death attempts and counting, I am definitely going to be more careful with how I live my life. The lounge room is filled with the media, celebrities, fashion icons and high profile people. They are conversing among each other. I have no interest in socializing today, which is why I intend to speak to the few people that I am only compelled to speak with.

"What a turn out. I am jealous." Thaziba drawls as she comes to stand next to me. She has on a mini dress with a dramatic tail and her hairstyle looks like it's a wig straight out of the Bridgerton set but that's just who she is. She strives to stand out and make a fashion statement. One of the reasons why I love her.
I chuckle. "If you're jealous, you can always be the star of the GLOWED UP festival. All you have to do is beat up all these upcoming designers and you can take the cup after so many years." She rolls her eyes.

GLOWED UP is a festival that we usually host. It's where all the in-house designers come up with their best lines for the year and they compete for the best glow up prize. They all get to showcase their talent at the festival but the one who won showcases their new clothing line at the end of the festival. The staff is the one that votes for the winner. Thaziba has won three years in a row for the years that she chose to enter in.

"I am done with that festival. Only my grandchild can convince me to participate." I laugh because she literally has no descendants expect for one son that's gay. "Why are you hiding here and not socializing with the guests? You should be modelling around in my masterpiece."
I grin. "I love your confidence. Anyways, with my sister in the hospital, I don't feel like smiling as if all is well. I will only speak when it's necessary."
"I nearly fainted when I saw that picture. How is she doing? Why haven't you brought her around so that we can see her?"
I smile. "This was going to be the event where we would fool people with our looks but fate had other plans."

Ginni walks towards us with a notepad on her hand. She nods at Thaziba and then looks at me. Thaziba chuckles and walks away. "You are expected to do your welcoming speech in 30 seconds. Please proceed to the podium."
I nod. "Where is Kendra?"
"She has just entered the building, so you don't have to worry about that. Shall I lead the way?" She asks already walking away. I snort and follow her. We get to the podium and she clicks on a flute to get everyone's attention. They all turn to look at us. She gestures that the floor is mine as she gets off the podium.

I clear my throat and look around. "Good evening everyone. Thank you for taking the time off and honoring our event. We welcome you to yet another event where Fabs & Stitches launches another young and unique artist into the world. You will see him after the show where he will need no introduction. Fabs & Stitches has been all about enriching young designers and molding them into something bigger and that is still one of our primary objectives. Be prepared to be wowed this evening." They all clap their hands.

"I have an announcement before we proceed. As you all may know, my biological father died recently and with his death came a lot of challenges and obligations. I am now the new CEO of Mahlobo Technologies. If I was another person, I would have left F&S and never looked back but fashion will always be my happy place and that's why I will remain CEO to both companies. However, there are somethings that I need to take care of for a few months in my life. Which is why I will be stepping down as the CEO of Fabs & Stitches temporarily. The company will be in good hands with the interim CEO. She is a very talented designer and successful businesswoman. Her name is Kendra Timbers. Can I get a round of applause for her?" I can see that a lot of people are confused but they clap nonetheless. Kendra walks up to the podium with a wide smile. "Do you have a few words you wanna say to everyone?" She shakes her head.

"I am just excited to be here and I can't wait to start working with these wonderful people I have met." I smile at her. I love her positive energy.

***

Justin's clothes are exceptional. There is no other word for them. He really outdid himself and I am very proud. He gets a standing ovation as all his models have walked the runway. He bows and heads back stage. I rush to congratulate him and then head over to the lounge area. A journalist stops me and asks for a few pictures. I gladly pose for her. She then asks a few questions.

"Congratulations on the success of today's event. I can already see many youngsters lining up for this new line. Does this mean you will be opening spaces for young and versatile designers at F&S?"
I smile. "We always want each and every one of our designers to stand out and be unique among the rest. Meaning, we won't be having another Justin, someone with the same signature look and bold style, but we are willing to open our doors to someone who will blow our minds with something completely different but still aligns with our brand as a creative company."

She nods. "So any comments on the Ntombela news? People are saying an assassin was hired to murder you but ended up hitting a wrong person, your half sister. Would you like to comment on that?" That's invasive if I may say.
"The matter is being handled by the police, so commenting on a matter that's official police business is unethical. Either way, I wish that whoever did this gets their rightful punishment from South African justice department. Thanks, Kholiswa." I know she will twist my words but I don't care.

I move to the bar area and as I am about to order, someone clears their throat. I turn to find Will standing there with a huge bouquet of royal blue roses. He smiles at me and my heart melts. My God, I have never seen more beautiful flowers than these. How did he know that blue happens to be one of my favourite colours?

"You have a whole story highlight of this colour on your Instagram. Don't ask me how I know." He responds before I can even ask and I giggle. "You look gorgeous by the way and I couldn't come here empty handed. Beautiful flowers for a pretty lady." He hands me the flowers and I sniff them before hugging them.
"Thank you. You have officially made my day and ruined me. From now on, I wish to see these fresh ones at least once a week."

He chuckles. "I don't mind making that my number one duty. Now do you wanna dance?" He pulls me to the dance floor and I smile as we start dancing to the Mnike song. Guy knows nothing about South African dances but at least he is moving his shoulders. I am glad he is here because if he hadn't came at the time he came in, I would've left immediately.

"The news about my stepmother are dying down."
He chuckles. "Have you seen the trending news yet besides your event?" I shake my head. "I will show them to you tomorrow morning after I have sexed you all night." I felt that.