CHAPTER XXXX

MINISTER MDUNGE

“The doctor has news for you and wanted to share them with the rest of the folks in the waiting room but I figured you would want to hear them first before letting everyone know the state your daughter is in.” Sima starts off and I look at her.

I am not corrupt and I don’t ever plan to be in the future as long as I am a head of any state department. It’s just that I knew this girl’s father. We were close friends even, so in more than one occasions, he asked me to look after his daughter and be there when she needs me. But how does one look after a mafia queen? She has built her own dark empire from the ground with no back up. I actually admire her strength and will to carry on. People whisper her name out there. She has connections from the North to the South Pole. So it’s better to be on her side or ignore her, rather than sticking your nose into her business because that just brings karma to your doorstep.

“I am ready for anything. Hit me.” I respond and she smiles. A few moments later, a doctor walks in. She is wearing a black vest, some black jeans and black sneakers. She has a stethoscope around her neck and is carrying a folder. Her arms are filled with tattoos from shoulder to wrist. It’s quite disturbing. She turns and I instantly recognise her. It’s Dagger, Queen of Mzansi’s right hand woman.

“I hate wasting time and dragging out the truth, so I will just get right to it. Your daughter was hot pretty badly. A shot in the head. She was meant to die instantly. The fall she took also didn’t make things easier. When the bullet penetrated her brain, it was in the safe zone. It hadn’t hit any blood vessel. But when she fell, the bullet slightly touched a few blood cells and she started internally bleeding. We had to open her up and stop the internal bleed while removing the bullet and prolonging her life. One of the toughest surgeries of my entire fucked up medical career. Your girl will live, minister, but normalcy is a thing of the past for her. She will wake up. Not soon, but she will.”

I take a deep breath and look down. Fuck. I am so relieved. My baby is alive and even though she is not awake, there is hope. Now I can finally breathe and start looking for the assholes. “Thank you, Dagger. I owe you my life. Fuck. I can never repay you for what you have done for me today.”
She smiles and leans on the desk. “It’s my pleasure. You have helped us a lot in the past. Consider this is paying you back. Also, your daughter is your family. We never turn down family. Now I am ready to shed blood of enemies.” She rubs her hands together and Sima scoffs.

“You are done for the day. You were in that theatre for twenty hours, so go and rest. Head to the spa and get a massage or even get laid. I just want you out of here.”
Dagger rolls her eyes. “You are no fun. Bye minister.” She walks out.

Sima looks at me. “My people may or may have not found the person who attempted to murder your daughter. You know how hitmen don’t talk. I have ways of making people talk but sometimes they don’t align with law abiding citizens. So I will give you the opportunity to question them. If you fail, I will intervene.”

I quickly shake my head. “You and your team have done so much for me. Right now, I need to see it through and solve this as soon as possible.”
“Okay. You are my elder and I respect you, so I will let you have the first go, but I know that won’t make that asshole crack. So I will be ready to step in at any moment. Molly will show you to where we are holding the shooter captive.”

“Thanks, Sima.” I get up and head out. I find Molly, the Zulu speaking white girl, at the door nodding at something on her phone. “Hey. I just need to address my family and then we will go.” She looks at me from the top of her glasses before giving me a small nod. I go to the waiting room and find everything there looking drained. The white guy who is fooling around with my daughter looks up first, then sits up straight. I need to have a serious chat with this one and find out what his intentions for my daughter are. “Everyone listen up,” they all look at me. “My daughter is out of the danger zone. That means she has survived and will begin her recovering journey as soon as she gains consciousness. She nearly kicked the bucket but we serve a living God, so she is still with us. Now you guys can go and get some rest and please don’t come back here. As soon as she has the green light to travel, Thando will be transferred to a real hospital where you can visit her any time you want. Bali, please attend Thando’s classes on her behalf, take notes and do assignments for her. Make sure her work is up to date. Also don’t tell anyone about this. If someone decides to ask, just say she is stressed and needed a breather, so she went out of town, okay?” she quickly nods. “You guys can go rest now. Willem, I need to have a word with you tomorrow.”

“Yes, minister.” He replies.
“See you soon.” I turn and go to Molly. She leads me to the upper level through the stairs. We enter a room where we find a young lady seated on a chair in the middle of the room. She is not restrained or anything. She looks chilled, way too chilled. She raises her head when she sees us entering but does not react. Molly places her phone on the pocket and turns to me.

"This is Stheza, one of the youngest female hit woman in the country. She is the one who shot your daughter. She is very good at her job. If she hadn't crossed you, we maybe would have recruited her. Only a few can make a shot like that one." She walks deeply into the room and leans on the wall.

I step closer to Stheza and squat in front of her. "I don't know if you are aware of who I am, but I will just introduce myself so that we don't have any problems. I am Minister Myeni, I work in the National Defence department. The girl that you shot is my daughter. She is alive, fortunately, but now I need to know who wanted her dead. She might even wake up brain dead, or a mute or deaf. We don't know the effect of the accident. So please just give me a name and I will let this one slide."

The girl sits back. "I admire you and the work you have done for the country. I wish I could say I didn't know she was your daughter but a liar is not honourable and my code is Honor and truth. I did my research and did my work. I am just a bit sad that she didn't die."

Molly chuckles but doesn't say anything. This girl has balls. How can she say that straight to my face? "I know you want me to lose control and beat the shit out of you but I won't. Just tell me the name of the person who paid you and I will let you go."
She laughs and then folds her arms to her chest. "You are way too clever to ask me that question, minister. I only got the name and the money. I don't know who hired me."
This girl is starting to get on my nerves. I straighten and give her a mean back slap. She gasps, holding on to her cheek. "I don't have the information you need. You can slap me around or even have the crazy white lady torture me but still you won't get what you want."

"But maybe you can talk given the right motivation." A voice has us turning to the door. Sima walks in with a smile. I quickly shift and stand by the wall not far from Molly. "I wanted to wait until the last minute but we have an emergency to attend to in three hours, so Stheza, let's talk. You are very clever and I admire your courage and your work ethics. You did a great job by making sure you have no attachments but then there is always a slip up. Even a perfectionist like myself does mistakes, so you are no better. Do you know who I am?" Stheza shakes her head.

"Queen of Mzansi." Molly states in a dramatic voice.
Stheza shakes her head once again. "No way."
"Yes way, hit woman." Sima responds. "Which is why I was able to dig out a few well hidden facts about you. One stood out. A certain young cute lady. Latitah or Latifah, I can never quite recall."

"IF YOU DARE PUT A HAND ON HER, I WILL SKIN YOU ALIVE. YOU AND EVERYTHING YOU HOLD DEAR!" Stheza shouts as she springs from the chai with hopes to attack Sima. Molly is so quick. She holds her back and throws her to the chair. Damn, she is strong.
"Rule one, never touch Queen of Mzansi. Rule two, never threaten Queen of Mzansi. You have broken the first two rules and the only reason I am not ending you right now, is the answer at the tip of your tongue." Molly mutters before going back to her earlier position.

"Now I will ask only once. The name of the person who put a price on Thando's head." Stheza grunts before speaking up. Fuck, I had hoped she wouldn't mention this particular person but I guess it was too good to be true.