CHAPTER XXII

NARRATED
Simo walked into Missy's ward and found her sitting up, reading some magazine. She was feeling pain in her intestines but couldn't do anything about it because the doctors had already given her pain medication. He cleared his throat and that startled Missy. She dropped the magazine and looked at him. He just leaned on the wall and stared at her until she looked down and played with the sheets.

"You had one job. One job, Zodwa, and you failed. You failed me. How could fail such a simple task?" He asked in a calm tone but he was livid. His first plan to get rid of his sister failed and now he knew that she would be alert after this drama, though it was highly impossible that she would figure him out.

"I didn't know that she doesn't drink hot beverages. How was I supposed to know that? She hasn't even been in the company for that long. She is also a good person. Why do you want her gone? Wait, what is going to happen to me now that I am the one who drank the tea instead of her? Am I dying?" She made the mistake of moving and a sharp pain pierced her stomach. She groaned, holding that painful place. Simo couldn't care less about her state.

Simo scoffed. "You are not dying. The doctors drained the poison. I just want to make sure that you keep that small mouth of yours shut. Not a word about this to anyone. If you do, I will make sure you go down alone."
She frowned. "Simo, you can't talk like that. Not after what we have been through. You said you loved me. You can't do me like that."

Simo clicked his tongue. "Keep my name out of your mouth. If you dare say anything about this, your family won't live to see the next day."
Her eyes popped out. "Why are you threatening me? I didn't do anything."
"But you failed a simple order. Now lay low until all this passes. And remember, don't mention my name. Just forget that there was ever anything between us."
"But my love, I can't do that. Please don't leave me here. You know how much I love you."

Simo smirked. "I have my own fiances and I am content with them. Now remember, keep my name out of your mouth or else you will wake up an orphan with no one to turn to." He winked before he walked out, leaving Missy sobbing silently and in more pain than before.

***

THANDOKUHLE MYENI

"He is confused and let's keep it that way. I call him Will-I-Am but his name is Willem." I whisper to Nozizwe as we follow Willem to the lounge. She giggles and nods. She is liking this, I can tell.

"He is so yummy by the way. Great catch." She whispers back and I chuckle. He sits down and looks at Nozizwe and I. We are standing side by side facing him. He chuckles and shakes his head.

"You sure know how to confuse a man, mooi meisje, but I can tell you from a million clones." He states, looking directly into my eyes. Fuck. He couldn't have figured this out within a few minutes.

"I am Nozizwe Ntombela by the way and my name means Mother of all nations." I announce, extending my arm for a handshake. I give him puppy eyes and he chuckles. He does, however shakes my hand and kisses the back of my hand.
"Will-I-Am, why the fuck are you seducing my sister in my presence? How could you?" Nozizwe asks in a dramatic way and I giggle like some love sick teenager.

Will rolls his eyes and sits back. "That ass of yours differentiates you from your supposed twin, love." He gives me that panty dropping look and I scoff. Fuck him.
"Why are you here, Will?"
He smirks. "For our date of course. Although I am a fan of threesomes, I don't think banging your sister is a great way to your heart." He is so full of himself.
"Shall I get you something to eat or drink?" Nozizwe asks in her normal tone. Will smiles.
"That would be lovely, thank you very much."
"Look at you being hospitable in my house. You don't even know where I put the cutlery."

"I will figure it out. It was nice meeting you, Will and I must say, you are quite the catch."
"Thanks but I heard that loudly the first time." He smirks at me. He even heard our whispering? Does he have supernatural hearing? Nozizwe heads to the kitchen and I sit on the table facing Will. "You are such the tempteress. Do you know that? How are you not a model for one of your clothing brands?"

I chuckle. "Too much ass. It's every designer's nightmare. Also my legs are too much."
He grins. "I can handle your ass well. Also isn't fashion more diverse these days? We even have plus size models, right?"
"The thing is I am stuck between a size zero and a thick model. I have to be both or neither. Also, I don't wanna be a model. Why are we even talking about this?"

"Because you have such a beautiful and tempting body. I am literally down to my last thread of self control. If you open your legs even the slightest bit, I swear I am jumping you."
I snort. "My sister is in the next room. At least show some respect for her."

"You are the one who was tempting me with your clone. So live with it." I chuckle. He is crazy. Someone clears their throat and I turn to find Xolani standing at the doorway with Pule. They hardly come inside the house unless it is an emergency. I stand up and head over to them.

"Boss, it's an emergency. Can we talk somewhere?" Pule speaks up and I nod. I turn to look at Will.
"I will be right back." I lead the way to the guestroom and as soon as they both enter, I close the door. "The floor is yours, gentlemen." I sit on the bed and look at them.

"After I followed Missy out of your office, she drank that coffee and fainted. I rushed her to the hospital and made sure I don't leave until I have a full report. You know how persuasive I can be. So it turns out that your coffee contained Botulinum which is a lethal poison with no cure. It can cause muscle paralysis by inhibiting the release of acetylcholine from presynaptic motor neurons. It differs according to how strong one's immune system is, but a person can die within 36 hours of consuming it. Meaning, Missy might or might not die within the next two days."

I sigh and look down. That's a lot to take in. Does that mean Missy was somehow trying to kill me? By whose orders? Simo or Zizile? Also how can I keep this from mom? "Do we know who is responsible?"
"I bugged her ward, so we will know who sent her within a few minutes. What do we do with the information we have? Go to the police or just let sleeping dogs lie?" I sigh and look at Pule. He is the brains behind my security team. He should know what to do.

He nods. "First, we have to make sure that these news doesn't reach the Minister's ears. We all know how crazy she can get about her only daughter." Xolani frowns but Pule continues. "In a way, we must let the perpetraitor know that we caught him or her on tape. You know how stupid people get when they are cornered. So keep him or her on their toes. What we should do now is hire an external PA, someone incorruptable and very loyal to you. You should also watch what you eat or drink from now on. You are not safe. We will try to keep you safe the best way we can. If you want, Xolani can be your private chef."

I chuckle and look at Xolani who looks worried. "I don't know why you think it's a great idea to keep this from the Minister. This is a death scare. A matter of national security. She should know. What if she hears from other people and decides to fire us?" Shame, he is so worried.

Pule sighs. "You are new to this. She will only fire you if you threaten her daughter's safety and not because of omission. She will scare you, however, but all you gotta do is keep your head down and do your job. Which is to protect Miss Myeni and stay loyal to her the whole time."

"Pule is right. Just chill and do your job. Now please update me on Missy's condition. I need to know if I have to prepare fake tears for her memorial service." I smile and then head back to my guests. Nozizwe is starring at something on her phone while Will is watching the TV. "I thought I would find you engrossed in some serious conversation or something."

Nozizwe looks up. "He just told me his name and surname and I am searching him on Google. You won't believe my findings. This dude here is the next Ramaphosa."
I chuckle and look at Will. "Are you ready to go on our date or you wanna stay in and entertain my sister with your past?" He quickly stands up.
"We can leave, love." He looks at Nozizwe. "It was a pleasure to meet you, mother of all nations." Nozizwe blushes. Ncoah, she is charmed.