CHAPTER X

SPONSORED CHAPTER

I can't still wrap my head around the responsibility that Amos has bestowed upon me. Simo was right. What the fuck do I know about technology? Dress up the late queen Elizabeth in a modern way? I can do that even in my sleep. But running a tech company that is terribly successful, that's not me. It's too much. I don't have the right qualification or even know the basics when it comes to Information Technology. What the fuck am I going to say in the staff meeting? 'Hey y'all. I am Thandokuhle Myeni, a fashion icon. I hope we can work together and you will be getting customised uniform.' Fuck me. Amos has managed to fuck me over even in his grave.

Mahlobo Tech is the South African version of Apple and Samsung. The company designs, develops, manufactures, produces and market a broad range of consumer technology products like smartphones, personal computers, tablets, wearable devices, home entertainment devices, printers and so much more. The only thing I know about phones is how to use it and not how it is made or sold. This is just shitty.

"Don't overthink it." Mom interrupts my train of thoughts by grabbing my hand. We are back at our home and dining with my new siblings. Nandipha is attending some extra classes and Mle is away for work. Dad is with his friends or business associates and they are playing golf.

"This is just too much ma. I don't know shit about gadgets and other technology products. How am I supposed to turn MT into a multi trilionaire company if I am clueless about technology?" I ask, huffing and sitting back.
"Simo wasn't born with this knowledge that he has. He studied and became the tech genius that he is. You have an advantage for business marketing and strategizing, sisi. Sure it's foreign territory but you are not an idiot. You will make this work." Amahle states and I wish I can smile at her comforting words but I am miserable.

"Maybe I can hire a new CEO, someone who is very skilled and has so much knowledge to take the company to the next level." I pout and Amahle chuckles.
"I am a nerd so I skimmed through the conditions on our way here. One which is written in BOLD states that you can not transfer your inheritance, be it position or money, to someone else beside your descendant, meaning kids. So, this is like a curse in a way but a blessing in disguise. He won't be here to see us misusing his hard earned money." She responds. Well double fuck me.

"Amos worked smart not hard. He was too clever for his own good." Mom comments, sipping on her red wine.

We continue eating lunch while getting to know each other Thobani is 38 years, yeah he is that old. He is married with two kids and they live in Brandfort . He works as a sales manager at jewelry store. His wife is a pre school teacher. Amahle is 22 years old. She gradated from University of Joburg last year. She has a Social work degree. She is currently a cleaner at Action Bolt. Snethemba is 21 years old. They were nearly born on the same year. He is studying towards a Diploma in Public Relations and Communication at UNISA and does make-up and nails for a living. His work is very impressive. If he didn't have millions in his account, I would've hired him to be a make-up artist for our fashion shows and photoshoots at F&S.

When we are done eating, I give them a tour around the house and then they leave. Thobani is staying at some lodge and he will be leaving on Tuesday after he has settled everything with Mbatha the lawyer. He told me that he wished he could transfer some of his MT shares to me because he has no interest in using them but I talked him out of it. I already have 51%. I don't need more than that. Having 51% means I have the power to make and execute any company related decision without anyone opposing me. Damn Amos is clever. This much responsibility is huge, even for me. I honestly need a drink.

***

"Why is a pretty lady drinking alone?" Someone asks and I turn to find this beautiful woman starring at me with a smile. I chuckle and stare at my drink.
"When you have literally zero friends and no boyfriend, this happens." I answer and she laughs. She settles on the seat next to mine. I am currently at Club Alloy and my guards are somewhere in the crowd, blending. I knew I had to get out of the house and I somehow found myself here.
"I am Mathenji Gasa," She chuckles. "Sometimes I forget I am married. My maiden surname is Gasa while my marital surname is Jacobs. And who might you be?"

"You married a white man?"
She nods. "A crazy white man but I love him to death."
I snort. "I am Thandokuhle Myeni and I guess I am also obsessed with white dudes. There is just something about them."
"If you want, I can hook you up with one of Nathan's friends but I will warn you, they are dangerous."
I laugh. "I am always traveling with at least 6 guards, so I am not afraid of danger."

She looks at me. "A sheltered princess. What could possible be problematic in your life that you find yourself drinking your sorrows away?" I know I don't talk about my problems but there is something about Mathenji that compels me to open up. She has a welcoming aura.
"My father abandoned my mother and I when I was a mere bean in her womb. Then in his death bed, he named me heiress to his estate. I have no idea what to do with the responsibility bestowed upon me. I don't have the necessary qualifications or experience to run a tech company. So I am screwed."

"Wow. That's a lot. We are going to need tequila for your problems." I chuckle. She orders shots and we start downing them. "The asshole screwed you over. Why not destroy his company to the ground?"
"I wish I could but we are talking about people's jobs here. There are a lot of people who benefit from MT. Employees, interns, bursary holders, charities and the community at large. If I destroy it, a lot of people will suffer."

"Now I understand why he chose you instead of your brothers. You are very compassionate and you are already thinking about the impact of your possible actions on other people's lives. That's a great trait on a leader. My advice to you is not to overthink. Breathe and just live. Go and get the necessary qualification and experience and come back to run the shit out of this company. You have the courage, now you need the knowledge. You can get an acting CEO in the mean time but make sure they run any decision by you."

"How are you this clever?" I ask and she laughs. She told me that she studied journalism but couldn't pursue it after getting married. Her husband has a few businesses, so he made her a manager at one of his stores which sells all things sports.
"Nathan has a way of turning people smart. He can be a conniving bastard sometimes."
"That's no way to talk about your dearest husband." Some white guy teases, sitting down next to her. She rolls her eyes.
"How did you find me?" She asks.

"I never lost you." The guy looks at me and smiles. "I am Nathan Jacobs by the way." He extends his hand.
"As in Jacobs Kronung?" I enquire and Mathenji laughs.
"That's a good one." She raises her hand up for a hi-5 and I slap it. We both laugh. My God, we are drunk.
"I am Thando Myeni by the way." He smiles.

"I just came to tell you that my friends and I are chilling upstairs. You are welcome to join us." He says, looking at his wife. She rolls her eyes.
"Look at you keeping tabs on me. Fine, my new bestie and I will join you but not now. We are still catching up."

"Chichi leaves the country for a few days and you already have a new bestie? What a sell out." He teases and Mathenji hits his arm. He laughs before kissing her and walking away.
"Your hubby is hot and funny." I comment and she rolls her eyes.
"He is the worst but he keeps up with my madness, so he is a keeper, I guess." I look at her and we both laugh.

We order more gin and then decide to join Nathan in his table. His friends are all like him. Handsome, buffy and has a bad boy vibe. Well I wouldn't mind fucking one of them. Two of them are sitting with their ladies while the other two are just conversing with each other. I spot my target wearing a green shirt and I smirk. When was the last time I had sex? Even the sex Goddess is worried now. I head over and sit on his lap. He looks at me and chuckles.

"And what shall I call you?" My God, his voice. I even detect an accent but I can't place it anywhere because my mind is hazy.
"Thando, Love, if you fail to pronounce it. What about you?"
He smirks. "Willem but my friends call me Will."
"Can I call you Will-I-Am?" He laughs before shrugging.
"Whatever you want, gorgeous."

.
.
.
.
.
A FELLOW READER SPONSORED 4 CHAPTERS BUT YOU'RE ONLY GETTING ONE TONIGHT SO ENJOY😉