CHAPTER XIII

I knew I couldn't go home broken like this. So instead I asked Pule to drive me to my apartment which is in Sunringhill. Getting there, I head straight to my liquor cabinet and take out a bottle of vodka. I twist it open and down its contents, flinching at first but quickly getting used to the bitter taste. I take off my clothes until I am left with my underwear. I sit on my rug in the lounge and just stare into space.

I understand Thobani's outburst when Amos's video played now more than ever. If it were, I don't think I would've came to the will reading, and knowing how vicious I can be, I swear I would've killed Amos if he did something like that to my mother and I. The thing is, no matter whatever excuse or reason he had to distance himself from his illegitimate children, it won't even erase all the horrible things he did or failed to do. I haven't stopped crying since I left the restaurant and I think my voice has gone hoarse. I take my phone, wanting to call someone just to vent and I come up with no name. It dawns me that I am lonely. I have no friend or boyfriend to turn to at a time like this and that fucks me up even more. The only person who would hear me out and comfort me is Gabe, but I can't go to him soon after he comforted me during my last meltdown. While taking a huge sip on my vodka, a call comes through from an unknown caller. I frown, wiping my tears and then chuckling bitterly, remembering that this is not a video call and this person is not going to see me ugly and full of tears.

I clear my throat. "Hello."
"Mooi Meisje." I scowl. Who the fuck is this now?
"Who is this?"
The person chuckles, a rather deep chuckle that sends goosebumps on my skin, or is the cool air? I am after all almost naked in a winter night. "Am I not the only Dutch man you recently slept with?" Dutch man? Recently slept with? OMG! This is Will-I-Am.
"Will-I-Am?" My voice comes out as a whisper and I can't clear my throat enough. I think it has actually gone hoarse.

"As much as I am flattered by you mistaking my name for one who is an international star, I would rather you stick to Will or Willem. Anyways, how are you doing this afternoon?" The 'where did you get my number?' question seems pointless. We are adults. There are many ways of obtaining someone's phone number, especially if they own a big company.

"I am hanging on by a thread." I answer truthfully. "I am having a mental breakdown and I just realized that I have no one to call in order to vent." I sniff and take another sip of my transparent liquor.

"Are you drunk?"
"After the day I had, I couldn't stay sober or else I would've gone crazy."
"Text me your address."
"I am going to be fine once I finish this bottle and doze off."
"Your address." He persists and I groan before typing it and sending him a text. "I will be there soon." He hangs up before I can say anything. Such a pushover.

Not even 15 minutes later Pule calls me, informing me that I have a visitor. I tell him to let the visitor through, not even moving an inch from my spot on the floor. I hear the door opening and closing before Will emerges from the doorway looking as handsome as he was last night. He squats before me, takes off his jacket and wraps it around my shivering body.

"You don't care about your health, do you?" He asks and I shrug, taking another sip of my drink but then it doesn't reach my throat because he takes it from my hand and seals it before placing it on the table. I huff.
"Why did you do that? Why are you ending my fun? Just leave and let me continue drinking away my sorrows."
He frowns. "I am afraid I won't let that happen. Which way is your room?" He asks and I point at the door.

He stands up and walks there. I watch his tight butt as he disappears from my view. Fuck. All that alcohol made me horny. Now I just wanna pounce on him, but I don't even have the strength to seduce him. Way to go, Thando. Just great. He comes back and then picks me up from the floor. He walks to the bedroom and as I am still getting comfortable in his arms, he dumps me on the bed and removes my bra before covering me with a blanket. I frown, looking at him.

"Don't you want sex?"
He chuckles, sitting on the edge of the bed. "You told me you were having a meltdown, so I came to take care of you. I know we are not that close but one thing about me, I don't comfort people with sex because if they get used to it, they can use it as a coping mechanism whenever the going gets tough and end becoming sex addicts."

"You are weird." He smiles, brushing my hair. That sets me off. I start telling him about every wrong thing that is happening in my life, including my last conversation with my brother. I don't know if it's the alcohol talking or what, but I can't seem to stop. And I am back to crying again. He says nothing, but simply climbs onto the bed and hold me tightly in his arms until I stop crying.

"You may not want to hear this, but it will get better. Our situations may have been different, but I have also been through hell and if it weren't for Nathan, I would've been a crack addict or worse, a huge criminal. It gets worse before it gets better but it passes eventually. Just don't let him kill your soul even in his grave. You deserve to spit in his grave by being the best version of yourself and whatever you do, do it for you and not anyone else. Don't let pressure rule you or else it will crush you."

"You are wise." I murmur. "How old are you again?"
He chuckles. "I will tell you when you are more awake. Now sleep." He kisses my head or is it my temple? I can't tell because I am already dozing off.