CHAPTER XX

Moving out of home is probably the best decision for me. Which is why I am packing most of my clothes. I will move the rest of my stuff once I find a house which I am thinking of looking for it myself since I don't have a new assistant yet. I don't know but I somehow don't trust the HR team to get me the right person. Which is why I have entrusted Dineo with the task of finding me a new assistant. She is brutal and sometimes dramatic, but I know she will pick the right person.

I wheel two of my suitcases to the lounge and grab the other two and some boxes. Yeah, I have a lot of clothes. I always donate them to charity and needy people but I have a thing for new clothes. It's not an addiction per say, but if you are a regular customer at most luxurious clothing stores and they send you new catalogues every month, you are bound to shop more than a few times a month. As I carry the last box, for now, to the lounge, dad walks in through the front door. He frowns at my stuff.

"I didn't get the donating memo this time around." He states in a confused manner and I chuckle, placing the box on top of the couch.
"Mom didn't tell you?"
"Tell me what? I last saw that human last week." That's his way of saying he misses mom.
"I told her on our lunch date last week that I wish to move out and also resign from F&S after the upcoming fashion show."
He frowns. "Resign? For MT?"
"Yeah. I am also starting some classes next semester. I won't have time to juggle between two CEO jobs and attending. I hope you are also not going to be disappointed in me because of how it seems as if I am choosing Amos over mom by wanting to dedicate my attention to MT. I am not doing that. I swear I am not. I wish I could sell the company but I shouldn't be selfish. There are more than hundred employees of MT and they all depend on me to provide a better and clear vision for the future. I don't wanna disappoint those people."

"No need to justify yourself before hearing my opinion." I laugh nervously. "I don't have to tell you about how bad it will look for you to leave F&S to continue with your sperm donor's legacy but your mother is an understanding woman and I also understand. Now about you moving, what's that all about?"
"I wanna date and I wanna be able to bring a guy home without sneaking him around." I tell him straightforward and he clears his throat.
"You are moving out because of boys?"
"Also some privacy will do."
"And your mom agreed to this?"
"Dad, come on. I am 27 years for Godsake. A financially stable woman at my age should be living at her own place. This is not strange or weird. I have to get out of your hair so that you will focus on the little ones and not your big baby."
He sighs. "Come here." He opens his arms and I embrace him. "Moving out doesn't mean you get to throw house parties out of the blue. If I find out you have turned into a social butterfly, I will end your independence phase and you will only leave this house with a white veil covering you."
"Daddy." I sulk and he kisses my forehead.
"Love you too, angel. Now let me help you with these bags. Are you sure you didn't steal some of your mom's stones?" He asks, picking up the first box and I laugh. Mom has a weird collection of stones that she picks from the sea. They vary in different sizes and she stores them in the gallery room. They have their own display shelf. People with money do crazy things, I tell you.

***

After I have packed away almost everything, I make my dad some sandwiches and he leaves after that. He wanted to see me settle in like I am in student accommodation or something like that. This feels nice. Somehow, it feels like I just recently purchased this place whereas I have had it for 2 years. I would like to order in like other kids but living alone doesn't mean I am going to gain a few unnecessary kilos from takeout’s. My instructor would kill me.

I drive to the nearest mall (get driven but it is still the same) and head over to Woolworths food. My main aim is to purchase groceries but I end up adding a grilled chicken, some chocolate chip muffins and a few mocktails. Not that I don't wanna get drunk but I have had enough alcohol for the month. I pay for my stuff and one of my guards pushes the trolley for me. A call comes through while we are walking out of Woolies. It's the ghost Dutch man. He is still alive. Would you look at that.

"Thandokuhle Myeni, hello."
He chuckles. "Ouch. I am guessing you had deleted my number or never saved it at all."
"Who is this?"
He laughs this time around. "The tattooed guy who gave you multiple orgasms not so long ago."
"You would have to be more specific than that." It's nice to make someone squirm, especially after they have disappeared on you without a valid reason. He went through shit in his past, I also went through shit but you will never find me ghosting another person for no reason. Wait, why am I getting worked up about this?

"Turn around and see who you're talking to." Turn around? I do that and my eyes land on him. He is standing not far from us. He is wearing a navy gym vest and some track pants with trainers. My God, those arms. I am already having goosebumps.
"Still doesn't ring a bell." He laughs and hangs up. He takes a few steps until he is standing right in front of me.
"You look cute." His eyes roam all over my body until they land on my mouth. "Would it be too scandalous to kiss the minister's daughter and CEO of MT in public?" He asks with a silly smile. My God, he is handsome. He has to be the devil's creation. No man should be built like this. A fuckin walking temptation. If I was married, I would definitely dream about him feeling me up.

I clear my throat. Suddenly I have lost my voice. Fuck him. "That would be inappropriate and what makes you think I would kiss you back in the first place?"
He snorts. "You are pissed. I like that. Have dinner with me tomorrow. I saw a nice Italian restaurant at Sandton which is apparently new. I will take you there."
"The answer is no."
He smirks. "Pick you up at 6, mooi meisje . Your boobs look so eatable in that top." He blows a kiss and then walks away. Did he just ignore my loud 'NO' and brush it off like a willing yes? He is so cocky.

On my way home, I find myself thinking back to the night I spent with Will. I want that. The way he fucked me till I lost sanity that night. I want more of that and I don't think I am ashamed to say it aloud. But that is going to give him more reasons to be cocky. He seems like a confident person and telling him this will give him more ammunition. I guess I just have to beat him at his own game and disarm him before he gets the chance to strike again.