~ Chapter One ~

Present Day
Headquarters - Kim Industries
Seoul, South Korea

Kim Taehyung shuffled through the papers on his desk. It was a complete mess.

His phone dinged and he peered down at it from over his glasses, perched low on his nose. Damn meeting alerts.

Two of them.

He frowned. Had he double booked again? He dropped the papers and picked up his phone. Sure enough, he had done it. Again. He sighed.

He hadn't gotten around to hiring her replacement yet.

Do Jia.

His heart twinged as a flash of memories passed through him.

A beautiful smile, that made his heart flutter.

Big bright eyes, that could see right down to his soul.

A loud pealing laughter, that sent jitters through his stomach.

A gaze so hot, it could burn him alive.

A face of a fallen angel and a mouth that tasted like sin.

She had stolen his breath away from the very moment he had laid eyes on her.

He shook his head. She was his secretary, nothing more, he scolded himself. Even if they had slept together sometimes, well multiple times, if he was being honest, it didn't affect her work. She was perfect.

He had been obsessed with her. Absolutely crazy in love and she had fucked him over. And being the stupidest man in the world, he still missed her. So much.

Now she had disappeared, leaving a hole behind.

In him and his office. Literally.

He sighed again. He will have to call and cancel one of the appointments. He hated doing that. It showed poor management and he lost respect. He should have hired another secretary long ago but he hadn't been able to bring himself to do it.

Maybe he should hire a male secretary so he wouldn't be reminded of her.

He shook his head trying to clear it and picked up the papers again.

His phone started to buzz. He was so engrossed in work that he didn't bother to check the caller ID before answering. He screened unknown calls.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"K-Kim Taehyungssi?" A meek, feminine voice spoke from the other end.

"Speaking" he said curtly.

"Anneyeonghaseyo Taehyungssi. I'm Choi Eun-ji. I need your help, please" she begged.

"I don't know who you are" Taehyung replied pulling the phone away from his ear and glanced at the screen, checking the caller ID.

Unknown caller.

Hell! He never should've answered.

"I-I'm Choi Eun-ji" she repeated.

"Am I supposed to know who that is?" He asked, taking off his glasses and pinching the bridge of his nose, trying to be patient.

"My sister gave me your number in case of emergencies. I don't know if this qualifies as an emergency to you but I haven't had any contact with her in the last two months."

"What?" He asked, unable to understand anything.

"Unni is missing. She always calls. Even if she's on a job, she texts or emails me every week. I haven't heard from her in over two months, Taehyungssi. Please help me." She cried.