~ Chapter Seventeen ~

Tae woke early the next morning and stretched like a cat in his bed

Tae woke early the next morning and stretched like a cat in his bed. He had reached home just in time yesterday to see off Sua and his little brother.

Jungkook had taken her out to a club last night. He hadn't told the hyungs about where he had taken her. He had only told Jimin and Tae who were his closest confidants. Also, he obviously needed someone in the know if any shit went down while they were out it the city. Courtesy of their choice of career.

Tae yawned loudly.

Sua had looked so beautiful, he thought back with a smile. Her dress had been great of course but it had been her smile that had been the most captivating. She was happy. He was glad his dimwit of a brother had finally come to his senses and accepted her.

They had taken a lot of pictures and Sua had glowed in them all. He was glad he had made it home in time to see them off.

They must have come home pretty late last night but he couldn't wait to go catch Sua and get her to spill the tea. He stretched some more and then picked up his phone.

Han had told him that a new phone had been delivered to Jia. So he had been expecting a call from her.

He had asked her to call him at night but she hadn't. It wasn't surprising of course, she wasn't into the cringy relationship stuff but he couldn't deny he was a bit disappointed. He saw that he had received a text from her though. It had come in late at night, he had been fast asleep by then.

Unknown:
It's me, Jia.
I need a few days off, please.

Tae quickly saved the new number before replying.

Kim Taehyung:
Sure.
Take as much time as you need.
Are you feeling any better today?

He waited for a few minutes for a reply but his message went unseen. She was probably still asleep. She would definitely respond when she saw it, he tried to convince himself.

He laid back on his pillow thinking about yesterday's events. He had been too exhausted yesterday and the day had been a blur because of his hangover.

She had been cold and aloof the day before and suddenly turned clingy yesterday.

What had changed?

Except for his drunken confessions.

But that hadn't seemed to faze her at the time. She had not responded when he had mentioned it in the car earlier either. What had happened to make her so clingy that she had practically glued herself to him?

Even on the stage.

She was a very professional person. Always keeping her distance in public. Only when they were alone, did her more personal side come out. He was the clingy one not her. Never her. Then why? What was she trying to achieve?