~ Chapter Eleven ~

Tae sat at his desk working early one Monday morning

Tae sat at his desk working early one Monday morning. He had been at it for hours. This new deal was draining the life out of him.

His cellphone started vibrating indicating an incoming call.

Jin hyung, he read before answering.

"Hyung?" Tae asked.

"Anneyeong Taehyungie. Have you been through the amendments in the contract?" Jin asked.

"I'm almost through hyung. Except for clause 102a rest is good." Tae replied.

"Okay. We will discuss it on the call with our legal team in sometime and then join the Ajou Group on call." Jin said.

"Sure hyung"

"Another thing Taehyungie" Jin said quietly.

"What is it?" Tae asked with trepidation. He was worried someone had noticed that Jia was spending every night in the penthouse with him instead of going home and had informed Jin hyung about it.

"Our resort project at Jeju Island?" Jin started.

"Yeah, what about it?" Tae asked, relieved.

"They are breaking ground on Friday. I need you to attend the ceremony." Jin said.

"Hyung! You were supposed to go there, not me." Tae exclaimed, annoyed.

"I know but I'm needed at home, Taehyungie. You know this. Namjoonie and Yoongi are still healing." Jin pleaded.

"Fine."

"You can take Gemma with you. I'll manage from here."

"I have Jia, I don't need anyone else."

"Jia? Your new secretary? She's good?"

"Yes. She's very competent."

"I've been telling you to hire someone for ages. It's okay to trust someone else to ease your life" Jin sympathised.

Tae didn't answer. Jia sure was competent and she had definitely eased his life but no matter how hard he tried to ignore it, that niggling sensation at the back of his mind, wouldn't let up. She was indeed hiding something. He would find out. But in the meantime he would be careful, guard his heart and enjoy her body.

Tae made a non committal sound.

"I'm glad you finally found someone who you can trust." Jin commented.

"Hmmm" Tae murmured again and felt a twinge in his heart at Jin's words. He wished he could trust her, he wanted to.

"So I'll ask Gemma to release the statement about you attending the event." Jin said. "And come home. You've been working too hard. Sua is worried about you. She misses you. When did you speak to her last?"