~ Chapter Twenty Two ~

⚠️ Trigger Warning: Mention of sexual assault, mental illness, violence and killing ⚠️

Jia sat down at the table in a cafe near her old office. She had a clear view of the building from where she sat looking out of a large glass window.

Kim Industries.

Weird how it felt more like home than any other place on earth. In a way it was exactly that.

Home.

The penthouse where she had lived for months was probably the best time of her life.

She sat quietly watching the bustle of morning traffic, sipping on her iced coffee.

She watched as one of the guards brought a large black SUV to the front of the building. Jia recognised the vehicle. She craned her neck to get a better view.

One glimpse.

One small glimpse of the man who held her heart was all she craved.

A moment later Tae stepped out of his car. Her heart ached at the sight of him. He was impeccably dressed as always, looking dapper than most celebrities.

Her vision blurred as tears filled her eyes and she hurriedly wiped them away unwilling to miss a single moment of being able to see him for the first time in almost seven months.

She wished for nothing more than to run to him and let him wrap his arms around her and tell her it will all be okay. That he would take care of it. Tell her, he loved her.

But that would never be.

He would never hold her again. She would never see those gorgeous eyes light up when he looked at her, or go dark and hooded with desire. She would never watch him smile his beautiful boxy smile or hear his soft deep laughter when he teased her. She would never have a chance to tell him how he had broken down every single wall she had carefully built around herself, torn down all her defences and made her fall completely and irrevocably in love with him.

And now he was lost to her forever.

Her heart clenched painfully.

She wished she could freeze time and just sit here looking at him forever.

She had hurt him, shot him, killed someone close to him.  And now she was going to do something so much worse. She didn't know who the Sua girl was or her relationship with Tae but she knew without a doubt that he loved her. She would hurt him in the worst way possible and there would be no way back from it.

If she hadn't already lost him, she would definitely seal the deal this time with what she had to do. She would lose him for good. She didn't want to do it, knowing how much it would hurt him. Not just because he loved Sua but because it would be Jia who killed her.