~ Chapter Sixteen ~

Jia came to a little while later still being held in Tae's arms

"Give her some space, please. She needs air" He begged the people crowding around them.

"Tae?" She called, her voice hoarse.

"I'm right here, Jia. It's okay. I've got you. You're safe." Taehyung soothed her gently.

She tried to sit up and he helped her.
She looked around in confusion.

"What happened?" She asked, looking worriedly into his eyes.

Tae lay a soothing hand on her cheek.

"You fainted. You weren't breathing and then you passed out." He answered slowly raising her to her feet.

She stood unsteadily. Holding on to him. Everything suddenly came crashing back to her. Hitting her like a tonne of bricks falling on her head. Her knees buckled. He quickly held her waist and supported her weight.

"She hasn't had anything to eat in a long while and she's feeling a bit unwell. If you would please excuse us?" Tae asked bowing to the investors in apology.

Jia looked around again. The danger hadn't passed yet. They needed to get out of here. And fast.

"I want to go h-home. P-Please Tae" she stammered, looking up at him.

Tae stopped and stared at Jia.

"Need to get out of here" she begged again.

Tae gave her a sharp nod and grabbed hold of her hand. He pulled out his phone with the other hand asking the chauffeur to bring the car around. They speed walked out of the venue, keeping their heads down and avoiding any interactions.

They took the car straight back to their hotel.

"Pack up. We are leaving immediately." Tae announced the moment he walked into the hotel lobby.

"B-But our flight isn't until much later." She hesitated.

"I'm chartering a private plane. We are leaving." His tone left no more room for doubt.

Jia rushed through packing her bags at lightening speed.

When Tae finally left her alone to go the washroom, she quickly pulled out her phone. There were a lot of missed calls and messages. She ignored them all. Pulling up her sister's contact.

She sent a text. Just one word.

Blackout.

Eun-ji knew what that meant. She was supposed to turn away from all forms of tech like phones laptops tabs anything that could track her and go underground until Jia came to find her.

She turned her phone off and slipped it back into her purse before Tae came out.

Once they were done, they headed straight to the airport.